Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2024, 06:50 AM

Saturday 10th February 2024

Kung Hei Fat Choy everyone. Yep it is Chinese New Year and hopefully Margaret will be over to have a chinese meal with me. No I am not chinese but we have celebrated it for years with my daughter because she worked in a chippy that was run by chinese people. Anyway, I heard today that a lot of chickens were falling out of the sky because of the bad weather. It was fowl. Have a good day everyone.
Chris have you ever tried those screens that are supposed to magnify it? I thought of getting one for the television. I only have a small screen and get really annoyed when they show a person reading their phone screen and the watcher is supposed to be able to see what they are reading. Huh no chance.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2024, 09:25 AM
Good morning Brenda and all

Phone screens are a waste of time for me, but as I only use my 'phone for making and receiving calls it's no biggie. I do think I'm falling to bits slowly though - loud phone, big screen and mobility scooter. Thank heavens for progress though and I can have these things.

I'm not ready for a magnifier (yet) and I'm hoping that after they finally do the laser jobbie that I will see more clearly. The new laptop is also anti glare so maybe that will help too.

Misty but ......................... DRY..........today so Ted will get his long walk and get rid of some of his pent up energy and I will be able to de-stress a bit. Win-win
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2024, 09:32 AM
Enjoy the outing with Ted. I have been out and it is lovely down the beach. Not cold at all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2024, 10:02 AM
Morning brenda, Chris and all to follow.
Well it isn't raining and the sun is shining.
We are popping out for a wander around a garden centre we haven't visited for a while and might have a cuppa in their cafe.

Happy Chinese New year brenda enjoy your meal with Margaret.
Chris I read about your cancelled appointment with no warning, what is going on they would be so annoyed and giving us lectures and possibly a fine nowadays if we did the same.
I hope Gary begins to feel better soon, enjoy your walk with Ted.
Sue I hope your weekend isn't too busy.
Kazz have a nice day whatever you do.
griff I hope your day goes well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2024, 10:27 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn and Chris

Happy Chinese New Yer Brenda. We used to live next to a Chinese family and they always included us in the celebrations

Enjoy your wander round the garden centre Lynn if you go.

Oh dear Chris not good about the appointment. Hope Gary is better today and you have a nice dry walk.

Dull and damp here but have had a long walk with Teazle. Did try to have a go in the garden but far too wet so having a coffee instead. Next week is half term so should be nice and quiet but may have to do the gymnastics run on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Ben has never been organised so I have learned to live with last minute arrangements

Take care everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2024, 03:32 PM
Good afternoon all.

Brenda The same to you, hope Margaret makes it over for your traditional get together.

Lynn Enjoy your garden centre visit, as well as the added extra of cake and coffee.

Sue I finished at 1 today and thought oh bit of gardening but like you too wet at the moment for anything have some nice daffs popping up in places though. Looks like those bulbs that I scattered before laying the new tuRf have decided they like it. LOL

Chris What a disaster fancy not informing people I am not really a moaner of the NHS but it does appear to be getting worse from what I hear people saying clinics cancelled without a word or round here seems to be moved to another location/hospital without telling anyone. Enjoy your de-stress walk.

Griff Hope all is well with you and Mom.

Well an announcement I have managed to hold a 1ltr full milk bottle out in front of me (left arm) without my arm shaking for the count of 20 massive step forward. Could not lift it arm straight at elbow at all last week (its a new excercise)

I still feel disheartened that I find I cannot do things I thought I could do due to this wrist/shoulder injury the physio said you will find you cannot do things you assume you can and he is right.

But up to count of 20 now need to continue for the week week and get then same thing but till the count of 30 then 50 . Then hopefully go up in weight but same target count of 50 slowly slowly. See him again on the 26th so see where I am then still have to continue the other excercises at the same time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2024, 04:20 PM
Slowly Kazz sounds like you are getting there.

We didn't have coffee and cake at the garden centre, we came home, wrote the late condolence card to Pam, then walked to the post box and into town and stopped at Costa.
Then strolled the slightly longer way home through the park and alongside the river.
We cut through the roads Dillon often used to take us on so a bit nostalgic and sad as we were hoping we would have been walking Brewster that way when he was able to walk further.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2024, 04:41 PM
Gary seems a bit happier in himself today and has gained some colour. He's also been in a good mood today so the narky mood does seem connected to his aches and pains

Unfortunately, the dizzies are back in force. They've got until Thursday to do one and if they haven't waved bye bye by then, it's another trip to the doctors
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2024, 05:23 PM
Glad to hear Gary is feeling better Chris and in a better mood.
Sorry to hear you are suffering with the dizziness again.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2024, 05:35 PM
Chris
Sorry to hear you are experincing dizziness again.
But pleased Gary is feeling better, I suppose we all fell narky when not to well and maybe he does not realise at the time he is not well but gets miserable. Must be hard all around.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >