Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2024, 06:55 AM

Friday 9th February 2024

Morning all. Hope you all managed to get out and about in the end with all this rain keeping on and on and on. I did manage a short walk. My problem is now not mine as I have been told that my husband doesn't want a bar of me or my/his daughters. Someone has been dripping poison in his ears. I know that sounds dramatic but it is the only way to describe what someone has been doing. I know who it is. Anyway that now is the last time I will talk about it. My mental health must come first. Hope you all have a good day. Tomorrow is another day and I will be back hopefully to my happy self.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2024, 09:33 AM
Good morning Brenda and all.

Keep that chin up Brenda. Don't let the b*****ds grind you down.

Now off to brave the cold and rain
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2024, 09:39 AM
Morning brenda, Chris and all to follow.
Wet wet wet here again today.
A calm restful day today after two days of rushing about and cooking, although it was all worth it having Annie and Moshe to visit.
Next week it all starts again. Freya Monday two days getting ready for the trip to North Yorkshire for Pete's funeral.

brenda yes your mental health does have to come first, Distancing yourself is the best thing for you. Let them think what they like you know they are being spiteful.
Chris I hope today is a better day and Gary gives you no grief today.
Sue another day off duty ? If not I hope the roads and travel are not to bad.
griff I hope your day is a good one.
Kazz whatever you are up to enjoy.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2024, 10:22 AM
Good morning Brenda, Chris and Lynn

I agree Brenda step away from it all and let them fight it out

Hope your outing is dry Chris and all goes well with Gary

Have a restful day Lynn

Belated birthday wishes to your mum Kelly

No duty this morning but waiting to hear about the afternoon. Dry when I took Teazle out but again more rain but sun trying to come out now..

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2024, 11:02 AM
Brenda, eff them!! Still makes no odds about where his money ends up, he can't have made a will recently as you said he had dementia so therefore not of sound mind, let them deal with all the nonsense and keep yourself out of it, just as an aside, who told you this?? Did you hear it directly from him?? Not prying but thinking perhaps you have been told that he wants nothing to do with you and he will be told that you don't want anything to do with him. Either way, you need to focus on yourself and if staying away is better for you...then so be it.
Lynn, enjoy your couple of days peace....it will go too quickly
Chris, wishing you all the best with Gary today.... hope you get cooperative Gary
Sue, can they not tell you the day before if you need to get the kids in the afternoon?? It would mean you could plan to do something for yourself.
Thanks for the birthday wishes for mum, she's officially an OAP now, she got a card from himself and a cream tea then flowers and chocolates, he was professing his undying love in the card.......the other week he was just wanting friendship. I said it's entirely up to her what she does but whatever it is, she does it on her terms.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2024, 12:42 PM
Good afternoon all.

Not much doing in here, weather is grizzly.

Griff Have a good day. Happy Birthday to yur Mom, sorry I am late.

Brenda Spitefulness is a nasty quality sounds like there is a bit of that going on so leave well alone. Look after yourself.

Sue Do they not know if you are needed for collecting the girls? not sure I could not be organised like that especially if it involved a third party like yourself. Anyhow enjoy your day.

Lynn You are sounded not happier but maybe freerer in yourself than before which is nice. Glad the visit went well. Is Joel still at his Dad's?

Chris Hope the day has done well with NO drama form young Gary.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2024, 01:01 PM
Morning griff.
Kazz I still miss Brewster terribly but after a chat for 3 hours Saturday glad it was her phone call not mine some of the guilt has gone.
I learnt a lot more about things than I thought I already knew.
She confirmed he was stressed and that we have opened a door for him away from that stress even though it has been extremely hard for us, me in particular.
If we ever do venture down the puppy path again doubt we will she has offered to go through the pedigree.
We may venture down the older rescue route.

Miserable weather here to we were thinking of taking a stroll to the high street have a wander and a coffee but I think we will stay put and not get wet.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2024, 03:14 PM
Lynn the older rescue route could well be your way forward a "already formed package" so to speak.

Isn't it surprising what some people in your breed well any breed who really know know looking at pedigrees and breeding There are two or three in Staffords whom I would trust their advice without a second breath, and if the breeding is known (not always with Staffs) they can normally pinpoint the issue with said dog to one or two back in the pedigree.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2024, 03:44 PM
It certainly is Kazz. Elaine has helped me a lot too due to her wanting to breed years back and for whatever reason explained to me about chromosomes.
More complicated genetics than I understood.

This person in the Bernese world owned 17 over 40 years knows so many different breeders around the world and keeps up to date through them, of all the new ideas and tests coming along.
We may never see the outcome of these tests coming along but it will hopefully in future years make life easier for those generations to come along making health decisions easier. in the Bernese world.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2024, 12:09 AM
Well the hospital visit was a farce.

The clinic had been cancelled but no one thought to tell us

Gary wasn't happy to say the least.

However, he looked really ill today. He said he is getting headaches and dizziness which isn't too surprising after a bleed on the brain, but worrying all the same. I've told him to tell me whenever he gets a headache or after a dizzy spell so that I can log it for a few days then a call to the doctor may be in order depending on how things go

Tomorrow is supposed to be dry so hopefully we will go out without getting drenched which will be like heaven after this last couple of days

I've ordered a new laptop today to pick up on Thursday. It has a 17" screen so I might just be able to see what I'm typing for a change