Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2024, 07:22 AM

Wednesday 7th February 2024

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and will have one today. I had to laugh this morning when listening to the news. It wasn't really funny but you know when you do a flat pack and get left with some nuts and bolts? Well when building a plane surely you would notice when you have 4 bolts left over that something isn't right? Yep a plane had a door fall off and they found it to be missing 4 bolts. Hm not good. I also listened to the farming programme and was amazed to find out that farmers are being asked to cut back on food production and plant more trees. Yes we need them for the environment but we also need food. An interesting programme this morning.
My Tesco order was ok just missing my onion which wasn't packed in my order. So, I won't be crying to the bank as they did refund me.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2024, 11:26 AM

just bought this amazing hand chainsaw. It not only has done the job in a fraction of the time doing it by hand and some of which would have been very hard to do.
We are going to replacing this with a budlia plant later on in the year.
This friday if not too wet we are getting a company in the take out the old stump for us as I don't have the strength to do it so it seems that i used to have.
All that remains now is cutting up the branches in photo 4
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2024, 11:44 AM
Morning brenda, barry and all to follow.
I have been cleaning cupboards out this morning sorted washing and will in a while be making some fancy scones and prepping other bits I can't do till tomorrow for our friend stopping for lunch on her way back to Painswick tomorrow with her lovely Bernese boy Moshe.
We have also been looking at holiday lets to spend our usual week with Mark, Lauren and Freya also possibly Joel in June.

brenda sounds like a very interesting morning. Is Margaret visiting today ?
Kazz well what a lot of interruptions yesterday, hoping today is calmer.
Sue what a nuisance going to the boxing club to find it was cancelled. Hopefully in the future you get an alert before arriving or leaving home.
Chris good luck with Ted. I hadn't realised he was still a touch on the aggressive/nervous side.
griff I hope you have a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2024, 12:11 PM
Good afternoon all

Nice morning. Not sunny, not cold, no wind. Just my type of weather

Dave is up at Gary's sorting out yet another tech problem so I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.

The only aggression he shows is when we set off from staying in one place for a while, when we leave the cafe and at the vets, but he doesn't pull his punches when he 'goes'. He also loves to hump his toys and blankets and has started marking anything and everything so castration seems the obvious route to calm him down a little. We can't treat train him out of it as it takes me all his time to eat any food at all let alone treats and I won't go down any punishment route. He's lovely with people (except the vet - any vet) and he's very good with dogs now - either ignoring or greeting them. If they bark at him he just walks past. He's 11 months old now

The 'dizzies' are finally slowing down so fingers crossed they may do one altogether in the next few days
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2024, 02:55 PM
Good afternoon

Hope you managed a dry walk Brenda

Another job off your list ten Lynn. ~Enjoy your meet up tomorrow

Hope all goes well with Ted Chris.

Whilst Barry played with his new toy I had the dentist. Last week I had a broken bit of tooth repaired the a few days later another bit broke so that has been repaired today. `Whilst there met a friend who was having a filling so waited and took her home as she had cone into towny bus.

I have now found out that the boxing club has a [a social network] site so will be checking that each week. No meeting next week though. No duty today but will gave to find out about tomorrow later.

Takecareeveryone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2024, 03:57 PM
Quite a few jobs off my list today Sue. Surprising what having a friend to visit can do for getting jobs done.
That was nice of you taking your friend home, good news about the website you've found you can keep a check on things now.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2024, 05:35 PM
Good afternoon all

Much quieter start to my day ha to be dIdn't it when I had the day to "go back to bed" unlike yesterday. LOL

Brenda Interesting about the trees, just read an article on asian hornets they apparently can each eat 30-50 bees a day there were more than before recorded in UK last year.

Lynn are you and I linked in sme way Iw as just looking at holidays this afternoon, yes you are right surprising what you can do when a visitor is arriving. All systems go.

Sue How nice of you to drop your friend back and hope your tooth repair is sorted now. Once bitten twice shy glad you have found a way to monitor the club activity. Not sure I could do as you do and not know if was on duty the next day I would want a week rota so I could plan accordingly. You are simply golden.

TW I have something similar to that and its a godsend. Great job.

Chris Sure Ted will be great after this small dogs mature earlier as my friend found out with Burt timescales slide downward in age. He is sure to be happier withut those teeth bothering him as well. Enjoy your day and hope yoou put your feet up and relaxed.

Griff Hope you are having a good day today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2024, 05:50 PM
We are just checking all the bits and bobs regards the caravan Kazz
Joel will come in our van as they have 2 bedrooms that means him and Freya have a room of their own.

Glad your day was calmer.

I was putting a bit of washing on the airer in the spare room earlier and I saw Chester the NewfiexBernese go by she waved and said he always stops at your gate.
We met him when he was a puppy and had not long lost Dillon.
We went out for some fuss oh my goodness he is a beautiful dog , stunning looks and temperament.
He is 2 now. She did a DNA test to see what the exact mix is and he is 3/4 Newfie the red colour and the rest Bernese.