Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2024, 07:52 AM

Tuesday 6th February 2024

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and will have a good one today. Highlight of my day today, Tesco is coming this afternoon. I had a weird dream about them last night, they delivered the wrong order and then someone was running around with a bunch of carrots that they didn't want. So very strange. Do any of you have weird dreams? Harringtons dog fod is worth googling as lots of other places have it including I think ebay and amazon? I am wary of zooplus as the last time I shopped with them the item had lots of ugh things in it. Can't say what they were as gives me the eeby geeby's.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2024, 09:26 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Windy but not as cold it looks like rain but I'm hoping it won't rain as I have washing to get dry.
Yesterday was Freya Monday and the moment we walked in she was buzzing. Hyper I would call it.
She was like it most of the day except when we managed to convince her to have quiet time like at nursery and read a book and finding the hushabye lullaby programme that calmed her down for a short while.
She was good when I eventually managed to get her dressed to go to the garden centre as she always is.
We were worn out when we got in.
Thank goodness for a calmer day today.

Lauren says she is calmer today. Didn't sleep well though. I think I know the culprit Lauren's mum and step-dad, they took her to Tesco to shop and she ran away and I wonder if sweets were involved. Tony had to chase after her as she disappeared round a corner, she does it with Lauren too.
We took her to Iceland a few weeks ago and she was no problem and isn't wherever we take her.
Nanny and Grandad might be buying reins.
We allow her cake hen out but share and monitor the amount she gets.
Busy today we have a friend she is visiting Peterborough Thursday with her young Bernese for a one to one ringcraft session and we are meeting her for coffee at a garden centre nearby on the morning then coming home to prepare lunch before she heads off home.
All in the balance though as Peterborough is due snow Thursday apparently so her journey may all depend on the weather.
I better get the shopping done and the bungalow tidied though because really hoping her and Moshe can visit.

brenda I hope there are no silly substitutions in the shopping.
Kazz glad the physio is going well.
griff dog food is so expensive and all that goes alongside owning a dog or any pet now.
I hope the new food is working.
Sue a busy day or calmer day ? Hoping for the latter for you.
Chris how are the dizzy spells is the new medication working if you have managed to get it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2024, 10:12 AM
Morning all
Brenda, pretty much every other variety is available but the food I have isn't and if it is, it's only going to be a short term fix, the food is discontinued... Harrington's confirmed that to me yesterday. I have used zooplus lots so hopefully will be o.k but they are very good at refunding too
Lynn, yeah, you are right, there was probably lots of sugar involved, not good for a tiny person
And agreed, my insurance for 2 dogs is over £200 a month, it started of at £35..... Quite a jump
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2024, 12:26 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Take it easy today Lynn and recharge your batteries.

Hopefully the new food will suit your dogs and they like it Kelly

Hope your Tesco delivery is ok Brenda

Dull and damp first thing but Teazle enjoyed her walk. Spent the morning shredding paperwork I found of Ben's going back to 2016. I thought it all been done. Well wasted journey last night as boxing was cancelled. Ben working from home today so just the afternoon run to do and find out what is needed tomorrow.

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2024, 12:43 PM
Oh no Sue, did the teacher not send a message to say cancelled?? That's naughty!
Off to meet my uncle I won't drink coffee from the café anymore as I got a terrible upset tummy last time, I have a can of pop and wipe the lid lol, he will have a tea,.he has been in and out of prison so has a tough constitution.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2024, 06:39 PM
Good afternoon all

Nice morning. Not sunny, but not cold. A little bit windy on the way home, but again not cold.

Vet visit this afternoon. Ted still has the four retained milk teeth so he's back Monday for a pre op and Tuesday for the op and while he's under he will be castrated to see if we can curb his temper. 99 percent of the time he's the most loving and wonderful dog, but if he's riled, blimey can he react. Vet asked four times if we are sure, but, yes, after long deliberation we are
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2024, 09:57 PM
Awwww good luck with Ted, I remember Kota had a retained canine tooth...first time for us and that got whipped out when she was spayed. I wonder are the vets thinking it won't help resolve the behaviour? All of mine have been speyed and neutered....I would spey myself given the opportunity so wouldn't allow my dogs to go through it and tbh, it's been a condition of adoption on all barre one doggo and the cat ( I neutered the cat before the 28 days were up lol...they hadn't chipped, tagged or snipped so I did all 3 and nobody claimed him anyway)
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2024, 10:58 PM
Good evening all

Funny sort of day was not in work till 11 am so a leisurely start I thought wrong about 4.00 - 4.30am someone knocking my door with of all things a MacD delivery I had to just put my head out of the bedroom window and say sorry wrong house (not normal actually so a fluke) back to bed 5.45 my phone rings one of those weird numbers so blocked it turned phone off back to bed. 6.30ish over the road where the new people have moved in their alarm went off I gave up and got up.

Been to work and on coming home had couple message and calls to pass on not overly cheerful news but pre warnings shall we say. May come to nothing but you can only wait.

Nothing to do with immediate family but cousins. Still we are close enough. Oddly I do not think either knew of the other. Maybe I am a lynch pin as they say.

Had to go out then home about 9.30pm and now shattered popping on here to say Hello Off tomorrow.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2024, 11:25 PM
Oooo kazz, so glad you didn't open your door at that time of day!! I have CCTV everywhere and also a ring doorbell due to the shenanigans next door, I could of let the membership lapse but I feel better not having mum answer the door...tbf, she's not so much the issue but the lodger upstairs is very naive!
Funny isn't it how you think others don't know about one another or maybe aren't in contact, I saw my uncle today, enquired about his daughter....no contact, mentioned my cousin who I had passed his number too...never mentioned being in touch when I met him a couple of weeks back yet he said she was in touch Christmas/ new year....I don't think she has been in touch at all