View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone, well it never rains but it pours. The MOT on my car is going to cost over £600+. Trouble is body wise she is in lovely condition it just the underneath that is rotting and needs quite a bit of welding done to her. Also a spring has gone, the horn is not operating and passenger side door handle needs replacing. When the work is done she will be worth it as long as she lasts another couple of years, then I shall give up driving.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Thats expensive Moyra. I had to have a load of welding done on mine last time, took them days as it was a right old job, all underneath, plus the other bits and pieces and it was £480 I think it was, and mines a massive 4x4
Hope Lynn's OK, she must be feeling really down at the moment, wish something good would come up jobwise for Gorden.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Yes they think it will take two days to do it all. I have left the car with them do not expect to get it back until next Tuesday night at the earliest as they cannot start on it until Monday.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Mines due its MOT in a month or so, I can already see I've got corrosion on the wing, which I knew about, but didn't fail the MOT with, so they said to leave it. Can't grumble though, LPG is now 42p a litre so cost me £7-£8 a week in fuel and the odd fiver for petrol every couple of weeks, so I save a lot on it over the year.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Well apart fuel, insce and tax I haven't spent anything on her since 2012 so she doesn't owe me anything. So I can hardly begrudge her the £600+ now.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2016, 04:31 PM
So June now you know what Lethologica means. I have had a day from? Won't say the word or go into detail but at least today is nearly over. Norma i hate flexi leads. Off to finish watching the Chase. Tinnitus horrendous caused no doubt by stress. Have a good evening peeps. New class tomorrow of puppies so hopefully back to normal.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Aw no Brenda. At least they won in The Chase which I like to see, didn't think they would. My noises are bad at the moment as well, maybe atmospheric, sounds like heavy machinery perpetually running, so very annoying
Have a lovely morning with the babies, nothing can cheer you up like a cuddle from a puppy
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2016, 05:14 PM
Well am back from town and Tony's X-ray, rang and told the doctor that he's had it done, like he's requested and have told him that Tony's knee is feeling worse.
Glad I did the lawn yesterday as its been chucking it down since 2pm, we've had a couple of thunder rumbles but I didn't see any lighting, but me and Tony sheltered in a pub cos well didn't want to get wet
I spoke to the bus company and they did apologise and said they'd have a word with the driver as it wasn't acceptable that they left a young girl stood there. Luckily Lauryn didn't get into any bother as she messaged her friend to tell her tutor what happened. And she was only about 10 minutes late.
Moyra wow it's times like this that I'm glad I don't drive
TW glad you got a decent other owner, that didn't panic
Ouch Norma sounds sore
Griff YOU ARE NOT USELESS sorry for shouting but things would not be getting done round your house without you
Brenda hope you are ok, and your stress levels have come down a bit now
Another cuppa needed now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2016, 05:27 PM
Lol...i like the sound of foreman lol
Moyra...yowzers...mind you we pay that and more for a service, hopefully she will last you until you want to give up driving
Mandy, hope Tony's Dr can sort the knee out and sorry to hear Lauryn got left at the bus stop...not on!!
Brenda, sorry you are having a bad day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2016, 05:35 PM
TW, have you tried asda for your painkillers?? they are showing online
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >