Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:01 AM
thinking of you today xx
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:03 AM
positive vibes being sent for sir georgie. no matter what happens today H, we all know you will do whats best for him.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Hugs to you all xx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Any update, H?

Thinking of you all xx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Thinking of you, big hugs X
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:53 AM
GEORGIE'S HOME!!!!!

Been with the vet for over half and hour and he WOULDN'TY CHARGE ME EITHER That's a first!!!

He watched Georgie getting up in the waiting room, having been lying down for 20 mins, and walking across into the surgery and he said he's looking good, an old dog would have looked a lot worse, which surprised me. He told me he would be very blunt with me, too blunt in fact, if he thought I was being cruel, but I'm NOT apparently! The first thing on his list of decision making, would be incontinence, but Georgie is not yet incontinent, he always asks to go out and he can hold it until I let him out into the garden. When he previously messed indoors, that was because I was out, he couldn't get himself out, but now I've sorted that by leaving him in the bootroom with the garden door open, and he takes himself out if needed.

We rolled him over, and the vet actually said the skin was looking "good" another surprise!!! He said he's seen it worse, and if I feel the ab's aren't working anymore, then he's obviously built up a resistence to them now. We could try another ab, but for the moment, if I feel the weekly bath is doing the best job, and I can manage to carry on with that, then that's the route we are going to take.

We have also decided between us, that the steroids are going to be increased to 2 every other day, just to see if they help him out a bit, although his concern is, that they might make the skin condition worse, his drinking worse, and other side effects. I told him that Georgie had never really shown any side effects from steroids, no excessive drinking, he drinks like a camel, he seems to have a really good drink in the evenings and mornings, and apart from that, I hardly ever see him going to the water bowl at all.

So, Sir Georgie has been given a reprieve, for how long, who knows. The vet said not to take him out because they had a big gsd collapse up on the downs the other week, and it was very difficult for them to get the ambulance out to them, and he didn't want that happening to me (or them!).

When I feel the time is right again, I have to book him in for the end of surgery, because they will cancel the last 3 appointments and be there for me. He said I musn't let him get to the stage where he's ill or collapsed, but he also said he knew that I wouldn't do that.

I cannot believe my luck, I'm over the moon, and to be told in all honestly by a vet that I am not being cruel, there's still plenty of life in the old dog yet, then that's good enough for me. He checked him over thoroughly, everything seems to be in good working order, and the fact that he's NOT yet incontinent, tells him that things are still working as they should inside to a certain extent.

Oh Georgieboy, you do have a knack of worrying the life out of me and everyone else on Dogsey from time to time, but although we won't have the whole year, I'm sure we will have many more weeks together, and hopefully, when his time comes, I won't have to question it, both of us will be ready. I can't believe Dave was right on this one either, better keep an eye on that!!!!

Oh Lordy, another nail in my coffin then, but as for the old boy, he's apparently still going quite strong, bless his great, big, old heart.

I'm going to cook a chicken for them to celebrate our good luck today!!! Thanks all, always there for me, and Georgie sends big, slobbery, gentle licks to all of you for caring about him so very much. I'm still in tears here, don't know why, but it's business as usual here then!xxxxx
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:55 AM
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL

So happy for you and Georgie xx
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »