Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:38 AM

Free Greyhounds on Preloved

I look on preloved occasionally and I have seen a couple of ads for free Greyhounds,near to where I live.
Are these dogs likely to be ex racers or those who have not made the grade to race?

I feel sorry for them as they could end up anywhere really
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:45 AM
They're often both, depending on age of the dog I guess. It's terrible, but lots of Greyhounds are given away, and lots never make it that far.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:46 AM
They are in Bridgnorth as well
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Just seen the ad you mean and these are only in Bridgnorth, poor babies could go anywhere Wish we had the room for one more but then i wouldnt be able to leave the rest there not knowing what was going to happen to them
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Do you mean the advert with 10? Some are young and may have only done a few races, the 4 year olds could have done lots more...so sad
I don't like the "first come first served" bit I'd hazard a guess that more Greyhounds are 'free' on these sites than any other breeds. I've been told they have to pay for them to get homed by the RGT, so perhaps these kinds of people are trying to cut their losses. They figure giving them away will get them got quicker and so spending less money on food, etc, while they wait.