Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Good grief! She looks a perfectly nice, healthy and wholesome teenager who lives at home and loves her dog and her dog looks healthy and well cared for.

Lots of people spend a lot of money on 'hobbies' maybe her dog is her hobby.

Quite apart from not believing EVERY word printed in the SUN - whose business is it if she wants to spend all her money on her dog?

If anyone thinks it could be better spent on other things - they are free to spend THEIR money on those!
brilliant reply. I would far rather see the money buying stuff for the dog than going on alcohol etc, and i'm sure her parents feel the same.

I'd not spend that much on clothing for a dog, I doubt that many people would spend as much as i do on photography equipment, or what i used to on my horses.

Everyone has different priorities and no one is getting harmed, and unlike the collie on the other thread, a charity is not having to pick up the pieces.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 01:09 PM
As I said on the other forum it baffles me that people spend this sort of money on stuff that to me is absolutely pointless. But then I'm sure people might be baffled by what I'll happily spend money on.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
It could be worse she could be neglecting the dog and spending all her wages on Class A drugs.
You beat me too it, just what i was going to say.

I think she can spend her money how she likes, I've been guilty myself of splashing the cash on my dogs. Usually on more practical items right enough.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 02:13 PM
After reading this on another forum, I think it is clear that she loves her dog. People may not agree with that amount being spent, but it is her choice. She has even said that the money from the article is going to charity...

People spend money on many 'silly' things IMO.. People spend lots of money on a night out, and all they have at the end of it is a hangover... Which is one of the reason I stopped drinking, because it is too much money for the day of hell after it! (plus that I just don't really like drinking anymore ). I would rather have more money for the dogs, and feel fresh as a daisy on a Sunday morning to go for a lovely walk

As long as no harm is done to the dog (even if I am not a fan of dressing dogs up, dogs should be dogs) then I do not see what the big issue is.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3