Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 03:06 PM

Why I hate the media.

I thought that I would put up a post of why I really hate the media, its something that I've been thinking about for a while, and I have seen personnally how such a thing can ruin people's lives, forced people to move, created unneccassarily hurt, just to sell themselves, to make money, they don't care about anyone, to them people are just ways of getting stories, but even when they are getting a story from someone they twist it, maniulate what they say, and leave a wake of dispair for other people to clean up.

I know this as what has happened around that the media has felt the need to get their nose stuck in with.

The first was a girl who I would like to say was my friend, she was kind and was the heart of her family, she would spend what money she got from her step dad at the car booty, and then would resell the items to make money for her brothers and sisters, she brought her younger sister a bike.

Unfornatly she died in a motor bike accident, her dad was driving, and saw the police, next thing that happened he speed off, while high on drugs, and on a bike that wasn't road worthy, he crashed, she went straight into a lampost and died on impact, he tried to get up and was going to leave her there.

In the weeks that followed we returned to school, as it was the holidays, and the media had a field day, saying things that wasn't true, she had a best friend at school, someone else who was a great person, but had a rep, and she had someone along her road who knew her, who didn't the media chose this girl to talk to.

The second girl told the interviewer that she knew the girl who died, that she was her friend, who lived down her road, who was going to start the same school that she went to, but she would be in the year above, when this went to the papers it became 'she was my best friend, I was in her class' causing so much hurt to her real best friend, the person who stood by her through everything, waves of emotion were still going through the whole school when the girl started the school, their was carnage before both people listened to each other, and realised that they were both pawns in the hands of the media.

The other story is again equally sad, their was a man who had been kicked out of three pubs for being aggressive, for starting fights and taking drugs, he had his girlfriend with him, had been seen hitting her earlier in the day, and had been hit by different men for doing this, and in the fights that he started, when my mate was coming home from a nightout he saw this couple, he saw the man hit his girlfriend to the ground, he saw him still laying into him as she was on the ground, so he ran up, he stopped it, and the man started on him, so my mate punched him, the other man fell to the ground, hit his head, fell unconsious, later on he fell into a coma, now my mate is in prison, the girl friend beater hasn't yet woken up, when it went to court events that happened earlier on in the night wernt allowed to be spoken about, because they 'didn't directly affect what happened at the time of this incident', even the other injuries that he had, the girl friend wouldn't say that she was being beaten, blaming her injuries on other things, my friend was made out to be a thug, the papers printed where he lived, he had people come round his house, for stepping up for the woman he ended up having to move, and then that was printed too.

He will never be free from what happened now, he was never offered to tell his side of the story, and all of this for doing what most people would of, if he carried on walking that night who knows what would of happened to the girl.

So these are just personal experiences of what has happened to make me hate the media, I would never believe what is written in there, as who are we to know thats actually what has been said? Unless its said to me, straight from the person's mouth to me its all hearsay.

So when you see my slating the papers this is why, I can't really print what I think of them, as it wouldn't be allowed on here, but I do think that they only care about themselves, I say that they are stupid, but then I've been thinking, who is really stupid, them? They are making money from this, or the people who believe everything that they see/hear in the paper, on the telly or on the radio. I don't know, what I do know is that its a world that I would never want to be a part of.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
That's really awful Chaz, and I totally agree. It's an evil, bloodsucking, money-making machine with no regard to human feeling.

Somebody in my family was sexually abused by a person with authority at her church when she was 14. It all came out and went to trial last year... And the media were specifically told NOT to get involved, the girl and her parents wated nothing to do with interviews or making money off of it, they just wanted the guy put away so they could try and get over the trauma of it all. On top of that her grandparents and other family knew nothing about it, and they didn't want them to find out because the grandparents in particular are quite elderly and frail and something like that could easily push them over the edge.
but what happens? She got the media harassing her on the book of the face, people knocking at her door wanting interviews for magazines, she even had to be taken out of the rear entrance of the court to avoid them taking pictures of her and plastering them everywhere. As if it wasn't bloody traumatic enough for her to have to stand up in court and relive it all! I've never been a fan of the media, but it's like they did everything they could to make it as horrible and traumatizing as they could. Luckily the smug ******* was found guilty on all but one charge (got off because the date couldn't be proved) and has now been put away for a number of years.

The whole 'celebrity' culture really annoys me as well... For example, I saw something online recently where they'd taken a photo of lady gaga from the side and one of her boobs was visible through her dress, and they were calling it a pancake boob and going on about how hard it must have been to make them look 'normal' in her music videos who f**king cares?!? they wouldn't publish that about a normal person but because it's a celebrity it's seen as okay, and people love reading it for some reason! you could say that it's the price for being famous, but i think it's plain nastiness and nothing more than vulgar playground bullying, ill never understand why people buy and support magazines/whatever that publish things like that.