Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:29 PM

Don't judge a book!

took my boys to the cinema yesterday left them there and was going for a wonder til film finished. got out of the cinema and there was a young lad outside prob 16/17 with a staffie, he said esxcuse me to my hubby and to be honest we thought he was gonna ask for money the way he said it , but then asked whjat time one of the fims finished we said we didnt know but to go in and ask, he said he was told to go away as his dog was frightening people!!
well the staffy we found out wasw 20 months old i did say he was a bit on the plump side but the boys said hed rescued it as he was treated very badley shut in a shed and was really skinny when he got him (he only had with a few months) but he said he obv now knew that he overfed him as he was in such a state and it had taken him a long time to get the dog to trust him and he had overdid the loving by feeding him too much, but he said hes now on a stricter diet and exercising him more, and that he was so glad that he rescued him as hes such a loving dog ,which we found out with all the kisses the dog gave us!!

its sooo lovely to see a young boy taking care of a dog like that and we must not all see a teenager with a staffy and make the assumption that its a status dog! there are some good teenagers out there!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:32 PM
What a lovely post
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Great post xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:37 PM
really good to hear something positive about teenagers there! one of my daughters friends has a staff and to look at this boy you may make assumptions based on his clothing. but, he simply adores his dog and takes her everywhere with him. i've seen him and a bunch of his mates in the park playing with the dog and it's so sweet to see how gentle they are with her and how loved she is by all of them.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 01:23 PM
what a heartwarming post
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 02:42 PM
How lovely
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 04:29 PM
lovely to hear
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Aw that's lovely to read for a change. What a lovely story. Thanks for sharing.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Such a shame that it is always the bad stories that hit the headlines, so thanks for telling us about one lad who obviously loves his dog.
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 05:47 PM
awwww thats a nice story!

A lot of people see me walking my GSD and cross over or give me dirty looks - sometimes when i have my hood up as my ears are cold. I think i have just got use to it though as i am 20 now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >