Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I think some people are just miserable and probably enjoy being miserable as well.

Some time ago I was walking down a road when a cyclist came along from the opposite direction. It was quite a narrow country lane so I moved Max well onto the verge as he passed and said 'Hello' to him. He completely blanked me. Me being me, without thinking, looked at Max and said 'ignorant git' and carried on. Round the bend came another cyclist, presumably his OH as they were wearing his and hers type jackets, as she went past me she cheerily said 'Good Morning' and I said 'Hello' back to her and carried on a little embarrassed. I could imagine the conversation later - Her: 'Did you see that nice lady with the big dog?' Him:'What the one who called me an ignorant git?'
had a row i rekon
cally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I can understand how you all feel when you've
spoken to people,and they've ignored you,it
is just bad manners,but on the other hand why bother?,
I take my dogs out and to be honest I don't feel
the need to speak to people,if someone said hello,
then I would reply,but if no one spoke,hey what's the big
deal,it's not the end of the world.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I'll talk to anyone too, and get blanked occasionally.

It's very rude, and I never say hello to that person again.

Their loss!

*Hugs* x
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I tend to "know" (by this I mean that I get lots of people talking to me cos seeing someone with six Chihuahuas is quite noticeable , so most people I see want to stroke the dogs or ask about them in some way) most people on my walks with the dogs, so say "hi" to most that I see but, I must admit, I don't bother to interact with anyone I don't know. However, if anyone said "hello" to me I'd definitely reply. It's only good manners to acknowledge someone. Unfortunately though, manners are becoming quite rare in today's society!
zuhzoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2008, 09:41 PM
It always makes me a little happier when people say 'hello' or 'morning' (or whatever time of day it is!) to me! I normally just say hello back and go on my way, but when so many people just try to ignore each other it's a nice change...!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 09:54 PM
when Im out I try to be pleasant... I dont really get blanked.. but Im sure its happend once or twice.. I think most people are scared if they are rude to me I may set the dogs on them... I often get a sort of hi pitched heeeloo as they get passed the rotties as quick as with wee foo foo..
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Arrrrgh half term, I hate the school holidays they really b*gger up my walks. Today we were in a bit of a rush, they shut the gates at 4.30 now at the country park and I was running late. So 5 dogs to get out of the car and exercise, and what do I get, two lots of people hanging around the back of the car with their dogs and asking " how on earth do you manage all those dogs". Not a problem says I they're really well trained and behaved. Hung about a bit hoping they might give us a bit of room but no. So I opened the tailgate and out fly 5 dogs who promptly hare off across the field chasing their balls. A couple of young GSD's came over to see what was going on and despite being called repeatedly they ignored their owners. I was by now standing still and throwing the balls for the dogs all 7 of them now were tearing around, and this cheeky cow with the GSD's came over ranting that if I would only stand still her dogs would come when called. Duh, I am standing still and your dogs are not my responsibility try training them. Did I object that one of yours is harassing one of mine, and mine is doing their level best to ignore it. Apparently I have no idea how hard it is to train 2 dogs, strangely enough I seem to manage 5 just fine. all mine came everytime they were called and were going no further than I could throw the ball, and brought it back and threw it at me to throw again.
I wish it would rain that tends to keep them at home.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 01:31 AM
when i first went out with Roggie i was a bit too scared to say hello............

after about 2weeks..........you literally couldn't stop me!!
id run....hide....go back....stop...walk slow.....turn round.....just to met dog owners!!! !!!

if they didn't say hello id just really smile anyway!! freaks them out if you smile too big!!

i hate it when i smile at people and they dont smile back, sometimes i try and think well maybe they are having a bad day, but nothing beats a nice smile to cheer you up and brighten your day really!

god i hate people who do not say 'thanks' manors cost nothing, i am always opening doors or chatting to older people & they love it, especially having a good old moan about cues!!

once i was in alot of pain & was just going into the chemist, a lady coming out had a pushchair & was struggling with a security guard & like 5 other people just staring!!! so i hobbled over & held the door open...she said thanks then about 6 people came through the door not one said thanks to me i was like 'wow you would think i work here as a door opener!!!' said it loud to get a reaction, but not one

sometimes people just want someone to talk too cos they feel lonely as well!

smile!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Sometimes people don't want to talk - up to them.

Thankfully most people I've met whilst walking my dog are only to happy to smile and nod at the very least.
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm a hermit... I don't want to talk... I just nod my head at people so they can see I recognise them... as in 'I know they're there', and I saw them. I 'nodded' hello..
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >