View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Good job WW. Trouble- yes you (and many other decent people on Dogsey) are exactly what dogs like this need BUT the simple fact is that you are not the only people out there reading the free ads. It's a well known fact that a worrying amount of these dogs will end up in the hands of puppy farms and/or BYBs rather than loving family homes.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Its a sad fact of life that there are more people that read free ads to try and make a few quid rather then real interest . . .
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Its a sad fact of life that there are more people that read free ads to try and make a few quid rather then real interest . . .
It is awful but a harsh reality

And Trouble, I know there are decent people out there like you, it is just a great shame that there are so many awful, horrid ones too
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2008, 06:25 PM
The original post asks if it would be better to ask for cash rather than say free to a good home, and no I don't think it is, there are just as many unscrupulous owners trying to rehome dogs apparently through no fault of their own or the dogs oh and that will be £500 thanx. They are the ones to give a very wide berth to. someone genuinely seeking a forever home for their beloved pet wouldn't be interested in recouping their cash, all they'd care about is finding the right home and new owners for their pet. You shouldn't assume people let the free to good home dogs go to the first person to enquire either, some might but then again any rehomer even with a £500 price tag can do the same.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 06:34 PM
I don;t mind FTGH ...as long as they go through a very thorough vetting. My 2 rescues have been free....in fact the owners almost paid me to take them away!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
The original post asks if it would be better to ask for cash rather than say free to a good home, and no I don't think it is, there are just as many unscrupulous owners trying to rehome dogs apparently through no fault of their own or the dogs oh and that will be £500 thanx. They are the ones to give a very wide berth to. someone genuinely seeking a forever home for their beloved pet wouldn't be interested in recouping their cash, all they'd care about is finding the right home and new owners for their pet. You shouldn't assume people let the free to good home dogs go to the first person to enquire either, some might but then again any rehomer even with a £500 price tag can do the same.
Good post.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I don;t mind FTGH ...as long as they go through a very thorough vetting.
Another good post xxxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2