Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeybee
New Member!
Male 

09-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by matty39 View Post
The one Murphy dog was on about i Know personally, And nothing that was said is not true. and probably the reason why Murphy dog has not posted anything else about this anymore. The staff and owner work very hard 7 days a week looking after the strays that come off the streets trying to get loving homes for them. The owner has a non destructive policy that's why some dog have been there for some time.she also tries to get some into a foster home and pays all the vet bill out of her own pocket.

Hi Matty, I agree wholly with your comments and know that what you have said is true about the place in question. Note we are still waiting for murphydog to put the record straight about her disgusting and untrue comments. I don't even use the vet surgery she works at even though it is closer to my home as her comments shows how little she understands about waif and stray dogs. Honeybee
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Can we keep this thread about what the original poster asked about please - and that is she was looking for other peoples thoughts on what she could do about a kennel she is concerned about.

All other replies will be deleted - no kennels have been named and it's pointless to argue with the thread starters perception of acceptable standards about such establishments, because clearly she feels it warrants further action and is completely within her rights to ask for opinions on how she can go about that.

The establishment has nothing to worry about if they meet the required standards, so I don't understand why thier is such a fuss, especially as I have pointed out no kennel name or location has been given.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Thats something you need to report to the kennels local council! as its them that give out the liscense
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Can we keep this thread about what the original poster asked about please - and that is she was looking for other peoples thoughts on what she could do about a kennel she is concerned about.

All other replies will be deleted - no kennels have been named and it's pointless to argue with the thread starters perception of acceptable standards about such establishments, because clearly she feels it warrants further action and is completely within her rights to ask for opinions on how she can go about that.

The establishment has nothing to worry about if they meet the required standards, so I don't understand why thier is such a fuss, especially as I have pointed out no kennel name or location has been given.
Thing is Azz, there are NOT any standards for rescue kennels to meet, thats the point, they dont have to allow access either by anyone other than the police, they are not lisenced and many do get away with keeping animals in a disgusting manner. They only have to say they require a "donation" and they can set that donation too!! but it counts as rescue not business, so any of the lisencing laws do not apply. Im not defending anyone, but it does highlight that some estgablishments may be very poor and do carry on regardless.
Dawn.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Ahhhh! Rereading if they accept strays they are lisenced and it SHOULD be addressed, they cannot refuse entry to the lisencing officer.
Dawn.
honeybee
New Member!
Male 

10-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Point is they are licensed by the local COUNCIL!!!!
and what she has said is lies and therefore liable, If shes allowed her opinions then surely I and all others that know it's lies are entitled to theirs as well!!!
As regards the point of people will do anything for money they actually pay from their own pocket and have a non destruct policy, I would like to see all you hypocrites put your money were your mouth is!!
Honeybee
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Honeybee, I dont understand why you are so angry with people who are answering generally with regards to ANY kennels, as to courses of action which could be taken if anyone feels any kennels *anywhere* may be under par.

The one you are defending is not named so no one responding is being specific. To us, its a thread about a kennel somewhere in the UK, and is not personal toward the owners, as we dont know who they are anyway.

As for calling us hypocrites, that really is rather aggressive and is hardly a suitable comment to make to those of us who are involved in rescue and have been for many years in various capacities.

As one who has aready been attacked by you on this thread, I have `put my money where my mouth is` more than you have any idea of and more than you need to know quite frankly, not just financially but in freely given time as well, particularly working with seriously abused rescue`d dogs with behavioural issues caused by ignorant and vile humans.

I have asked you before and will ask you again Honeybee, in the most well intentioned way I can put it - *please* tone down the way you attack all and sundry, it does your cause no good, and again, if the name of the kennels you support does become known, YOU are going to be the one damaging their reputation because all anyone will associate it with is your anger being fired at people who have done nothing wrong.

Azz, I apologise if I`m overstepping the mark there, I just speak it how I see it.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Ahhhh! Rereading if they accept strays they are lisenced and it SHOULD be addressed, they cannot refuse entry to the lisencing officer.
Dawn.
Actually they can !!! Unfortunately so can puppy farmers and this is a huge issue with them and Rescue Centres. The Councils that issue the licences only carry out a vague inspection and it is very minimal, food, water, shelter. The condition of the dogs is not their call as they are not vets, and all they can do is report it to the RSPCA if they suspect something, who will ONLY make a visit if someone can personally say they have witnessed a dog being abused or purposely neglected or used for dog fighting. The law is an ass as they say. Everything has to be witnessed for the RSPCA to act and even then it's a gamble as to whether they turn up to investigate.

It also has to be said that most Councils do not re-inspect on a annual basis and merely re-issue the licence.

I know of many people with licences who have been reported to their issuing Council, for the COuncil to make an appointment to inspect instead of doing an on the spot inspection and the people concerned just keep putting it off until the Council forgets about them. Again they are hard to push to do anything.

The only thing you can do is to highlight the problem with media coverage if they are interested ! That usually makes establishments pull their socks up.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 10:02 AM
The lisencing officer can visit at any time wiothout prior warning. The RSPCA have NO rights of entry at all.
Dawn.
babsc71
New Member!
Female 

11-10-2006, 05:34 PM
What was the original question?lol
Would someone please abbreviate the responses to this thread with regards to what someone can/cannot do when discovering a rescue/kennels that they feel are inadequate. I would read it all but I lost the plot and my teas ready!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >