Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-09-2011, 11:13 AM

Sammy being sick. (update @ post 26)

Right for the past 4-5 days sammy has been sick in the morning yellow bile, once during the night last night, and when i give him his food he brings it up right away nearlly. Now 2 weeks ago i took him off pedigree chum in gravy and put him on butchers tripe, he is on burgess but were going to slowly get him on skinner's as its better food for him, he's drinking and seem's fine in himself. He had his breakie at 8-20 this morning just kibble's with a bit of cheese mixed in and bang 10 mins later it's up, when he has treats he's not sick, we give him 3 marrow bone biscuits and 8 little doggy meat treats for super as a good boy going to bed thing lol. now he had the crust's of my toast earlier and kept it down, so im thinking for the next 24 hours just rice and pasta see how he goes. Rung vet's but they cant get him today and they dont see it could be anything serious though. Also took kids to school this morning and he was his normal pulling excited dog as he always is (he's on an halti not collar and lead so pulling hasnt hurt his throat) . He has poo'd today.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Harley used to be sick after every meal when he was on kibble. We've later found out he's incredibly intollerant to Fish (he was on Fish4Dogs kibble, so 70% fish lol).

If it was my, I'd try looking at the ingredients and narrow it down to see if one of those could be why he's vomiting.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
Right for the past 4-5 days sammy has been sick in the morning yellow bile, once during the night last night, and when i give him his food he brings it up right away nearlly. Now 2 weeks ago i took him off pedigree chum in gravy and put him on butchers tripe, he is on burgess but were going to slowly get him on skinner's as its better food for him, he's drinking and seem's fine in himself. He had his breakie at 8-20 this morning just kibble's with a bit of cheese mixed in and bang 10 mins later it's up, when he has treats he's not sick, we give him 3 marrow bone biscuits and 8 little doggy meat treats for super as a good boy going to bed thing lol. now he had the crust's of my toast earlier and kept it down, so im thinking for the next 24 hours just rice and pasta see how he goes. Rung vet's but they cant get him today and they dont see it could be anything serious though. Also took kids to school this morning and he was his normal pulling excited dog as he always is (he's on an halti not collar and lead so pulling hasnt hurt his throat) . He has poo'd today.
Could it be that hes eating his breakfast to fast?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 11:46 AM
When his dinner comes back up (not the bile sick), is it sausage shaped?

I only ask coz my dog was doing this a while back, and the vets wanted to do an endescope to check for megaesophagus or other problems that might not be letting the food into the stomach the way it should, and therefore, it all sits in the esophagus and the only way is up!

We corrected ours, by changing to wet food only (I use the Wainwright's trays now), and I mash it up with a fork, then transfer it a bit at a time onto a smaller dish, so that she eats it very slowly and doesn't gulp any down. You could try my method and see if it cures it, as it has for us.

The other thing I thought of when my dog was doing this on a daily basis, was that she could have something stuck in her gullet, but whatever it was, the slow eating procedure seems to have cured it for us (touches very large piece of wood!). However, in the past two months, I suppose she's done it twice more, and each time I had an answer for it, i.e. she'd either started gulping it down, or she was still too hyper even though I'd left an hour after exercise.

If it continues with yours, maybe you ought to talk to the vet about that endescope route perhaps? Hopefully, it's something simple, so good luck.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Harley used to be sick after every meal when he was on kibble. We've later found out he's incredibly intollerant to Fish (he was on Fish4Dogs kibble, so 70% fish lol).

If it was my, I'd try looking at the ingredients and narrow it down to see if one of those could be why he's vomiting.
well i know since ive gone to the butchers he's been being sick a week later. so maybe that possibly.
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
Could it be that hes eating his breakfast to fast?
i thought that but he always eats slowish bites the kibbles ect. he brought his tea up last night as well. but just gave him pasta and some chopped up hotdogs and its stayed down touch wood, which is longer than the last few days. Basically he'll have his meal walk to the front door and bang he's sick.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
When his dinner comes back up (not the bile sick), is it sausage shaped?

I only ask coz my dog was doing this a while back, and the vets wanted to do an endescope to check for megaesophagus or other problems that might not be letting the food into the stomach the way it should, and therefore, it all sits in the esophagus and the only way is up!

We corrected ours, by changing to wet food only (I use the Wainwright's trays now), and I mash it up with a fork, then transfer it a bit at a time onto a smaller dish, so that she eats it very slowly and doesn't gulp any down. You could try my method and see if it cures it, as it has for us.

The other thing I thought of when my dog was doing this on a daily basis, was that she could have something stuck in her gullet, but whatever it was, the slow eating procedure seems to have cured it for us (touches very large piece of wood!). However, in the past two months, I suppose she's done it twice more, and each time I had an answer for it, i.e. she'd either started gulping it down, or she was still too hyper even though I'd left an hour after exercise.

If it continues with yours, maybe you ought to talk to the vet about that endescope route perhaps? Hopefully, it's something simple, so good luck.
Thanx for your reply, no its not sausage shaped its just a pile of his food if he's just eaten. he'll eat treats and then passes them nps, it just seems to be his food. But just given him some pasta with hotdogs and it's stayed down now for 20 mins. god i hate the kids being ill and worrying now the bloody dog is doing it to me lmao.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 11:55 AM
If treats are not causing it, nor are pasta/hotdogs perhaps it is something in the Butchers.

I would put him on chicken and rice (this is fairly bland and often recomeded for dogs with an upset tummy) for a day or so then slowly introduce 1 food at a time butchers OR the dry, to see if it is one of these that is causing an upset tummy.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
If treats are not causing it, nor are pasta/hotdogs perhaps it is something in the Butchers.

I would put him on chicken and rice (this is fairly bland and often recomeded for dogs with an upset tummy) for a day or so then slowly introduce 1 food at a time butchers OR the dry, to see if it is one of these that is causing an upset tummy.
yeah thats what i thought. going to slowly put him on the skinners but half his meals till he settles, just going to feed him pasta till tomoz
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
yeah thats what i thought. going to slowly put him on the skinners but half his meals till he settles, just going to feed him pasta till tomoz
I would feed him on a meat as well as pasta as dogs are meat eaters and will not enjoy a diet of just grain/carbs. Add in some white fish or boiled chicken
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
I would feed him on a meat as well as pasta as dogs are meat eaters and will not enjoy a diet of just grain/carbs. Add in some white fish or boiled chicken
ok got some chicken bits in freezer will get some of those out, will tuna be ok if i drain the brine off, thats the only fish we have. or i can get some pedigree chum chicken and rice to mix
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >