Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2008, 05:33 PM

Energy suppliers are to be investigated

Regarding the profits they're making, about time too, they brought the prices down last year then they're putting them back up again.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 05:35 PM
I agree about time too,xxxxxxxxxxxxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 06:06 PM
ive only gone with british gas so no idea on what my bills gonna be like, got that pleasure to come.
must admit im not looking forward to receiving it. im asking for a pr-payment meters to be installed.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2008, 08:50 PM
I heard on radio recently that British Gas were looking for a 17% increase which would be terrible.I know we're all supposed to do our bit to combat global warming and reduce our carbon footprint,but i for one dont wanna live in the dark ages in a damp and cold house.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Agree
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 09:00 PM
About time too IMO
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
ive only gone with british gas so no idea on what my bills gonna be like, got that pleasure to come.
must admit im not looking forward to receiving it. im asking for a pr-payment meters to be installed.

The thing I find wrong about pre-payment meters is that the unit cost is higher. I think they have it the wrong way round, it should be cheaper for people to have a pp meter because in effect the supply is being paid for in advance and users don`t have to be chased to pay bills so they cost the companies less imo.
Yet usually if people have defaulted on a bill they have to have a meter and are therefore charged more for the supply so it will then take them longer to pay whatever was outstanding because of then paying over the odds to keep a supply on.

A rather ill-thought out way of doing things by these companies imo, as usual it penalises those who have the least or want to budget carefully by making them pay the most
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
The thing I find wrong about pre-payment meters is that the unit cost is higher. I think they have it the wrong way round, it should be cheaper for people to have a pp meter because in effect the supply is being paid for in advance and users don`t have to be chased to pay bills so they cost the companies less imo.
Yet usually if people have defaulted on a bill they have to have a meter and are therefore charged more for the supply so it will then take them longer to pay whatever was outstanding because of then paying over the odds to keep a supply on.

A rather ill-thought out way of doing things by these companies imo, as usual it penalises those who have the least or want to budget carefully by making them pay the most
I agree Patch.
I have pre-payment meters for both Gas and Elec and I think it probably makes me use less as I can see what I am using and budget / try to cut it down accordingly. and make it last at the end of the month!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Now that you mention it British Gas actually have a tariff for those people on low incomes or benefits that have prepayment meters. They are given a rebate on their usage so they only get charged the direct debit price. A step in the right direction for those that need it most
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 09:23 PM
About time too xxdk
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >