Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 05:56 PM

A decree written by Charles II

Reading this month's Your Dog, I learnt that Charles II used to have CKCS and due to his love of them, he wrote a decree, which is still in place today, that says that a cavalier is allowed in any public place, even the House of Parliament!

Did you know this?? How many cavalier owners actually use this to their advantage? Or will do now they know??
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2006, 08:12 PM
I did know this but have never used it, mainly because I don't think anyone would believe me anyway We took Poppy to B&Q when she was 12 weeks old to have a look round the garden centre. She was inbetween vacinations so OH was carrying her anyway, but they still wouldn't let us in. Comet did though when we went to look at a new TV.

I'd like to find it printed somewhere that looks official so I can print it off and take it with me.

I wonder though if you actually had it printed, how many shops etc would let a cavalier in?
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, it would be good to say "well actually".......
I took Harvey everywhere with me in the first few weeks of having him ( before his jabs ) everyone just wanted to make a fuss of him.

Need to find a copy to take with me in the future x
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Harveys Mum
Yeah, it would be good to say "well actually".......
I think even if you produced a copy, some "jobsworth" would still refuse to let you in.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2006, 09:19 PM
I knew about it,not so sure the shops would allow it now,some rules about if we let one do it we would have to let everyone do it.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 09:19 PM
My sister has a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel & is always asking me about this, a few weeks ago her boyfriends friend took her boyfriend out for the day (coz hes in a wheelchair) & they took the dog with them, they decided to go to Quick Save to do some shopping & Simon (my sisters boyfriend) had the dog on his lap, no one said a thing not even security!!! You'd think a food shop of all places would be strictest due to health & safety regulations, so who knows maybe they knew!!

You should all try it & see what happens!!! lol
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 09:57 PM
*dresses dusty up as a ckc*
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by random
*dresses dusty up as a ckc*
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

My mum said 'see told you we should have had a cavalier!

I didn't know about it until today but yes, I expect even if you produced it on paper, they'd refuse you! Still think you should try it though!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie

I didn't know about it until today but yes, I expect even if you produced it on paper, they'd refuse you! Still think you should try it though!
The co-op here let dusty in if i carry her, the dont say anything, ive not tried to get in with the big 'uns!

Tesco however, i've never tried but a friend of mine was refused in with a 6 week old shih tzu wrapped in a blanket

I suppose they don't know which dogs are well behaved and which may poo/wee/eat everything in sight, so have to refuse them all.

I doubt many know about the CKC, but if I had one, i'd deff test it out everywhere I could
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie

Saying that it's a co-incidence I was in the co-op today, and there was a lady in the queue in front of me ushering her very noisy ckc to be quiet, who was tied up outside, she obviously didn't know
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >