Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Offer to buy the dog ?
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Well I am amazed and ashamed at the same time really by this thread for two reasons, one the awful condition it sounds like the dogs are in and that there is very little it seems that is lawful to do about it, and secondly the sheer amount of responses most of which seem to be one upmanship and nit picking at others.

With very little useful comment about the dogs in question.

I can not understand why people would want dogs under these circumstances it can not be a pleasurable experience for the people let alone the dogs, i really hope that this is sorted by fair means or foul! I would be tempted to 'steal' them I must say!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 11:58 AM
If all else fails - you could contact one of the daily tabloids. The Sunday People are good at exposing animal neglect/abuse

Bless you for caring & willing to do somethimg about this person
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
If all else fails - you could contact one of the daily tabloids. The Sunday People are good at exposing animal neglect/abuse

Bless you for caring & willing to do somethimg about this person
Excellent idea. Our local paper is brilliant at investigationg such stories.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
I would be tempted to 'steal' them I must say!
But then not only could you find yourself in trouble for theft you're also leaving the door wide open for more dogs to be brought in to this situation and treated the exact same way. So while you get the current dogs out you open the way for more dogs to suffer in the long run. It's a no win situation whether you leave the dogs there, steal them or buy them. Either way it's the animals who suffer
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't have any advice, but I did just want to applaud you for caring and for doing as much as you can to help these poor unfortunate dogs.

Do please take care of your own safety if you are near to the GSd, as he must be so very frustrated and depressed by now.

It is just awful.
I honestly thought that the Animal Welfare Act could have been invoked for this situation...

Water and shelter - some dogs would be better off put to sleep than having "water and shelter" only, but i agree that the RSPCA have to work within the remit of the law.

Good luck

Wys
x
Stormpants
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Well I am amazed and ashamed at the same time really by this thread for two reasons, one the awful condition it sounds like the dogs are in and that there is very little it seems that is lawful to do about it, and secondly the sheer amount of responses most of which seem to be one upmanship and nit picking at others.

Totally agree on both levels here!!

With very little useful comment about the dogs in question.
....and again!

I can not understand why people would want dogs under these circumstances it can not be a pleasurable experience for the people let alone the dogs, i really hope that this is sorted by fair means or foul! I would be tempted to 'steal' them I must say!
I can't understand it either and really, really hope that something can be done about the appalling way they are all being kept! These people need to be prosecuted, fined and never, ever be allowed to own any kind of animal ever again!!!!
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Just come back on to this and am pleased that you have had so many responses-and some good advice,which I cant add to

Could not get the picture of these dogs out of my head last night after reading what you posted.

This "owner" should never be allowed to own an animal again in my opinion-
but the trouble is the dogs will be left scarred and traumatised because of what she has done to them-what will their future be ,when rescues are full of dogs-many with no behavioural problems

Would definitely think of some way to give press or radio publicity as others have suggested.
Feel so sorry for you-it must be breaking your heart
-I think its breaking the hearts of all of us on here-and we havent even seen the dogs or met this "owner"-(she doesnt deserve that title at all ,but I cant type the word I would use!!)
Good luck and thank you from all of us
Maureen
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
ROFLMAO that is a hiliarous joke!
What does ROFLMAO mean?
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female