Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
well that wouldnt be rooney then,hes not that old!!!!
I have never seen nor heard of "Rooney" so cant comment, the one I recall was a broken/rough coated grey Dog of good height.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2008, 08:56 AM
THE breeder of puppies is the person who owns the bitch, what is down on your registration forms? Mary does take a interest in Quincys puppies,i never said she didnt.however she does not, unlike the lies stated, sell puppies herself. This was what was implied by the post. If i was going to see a litter the breeder owns the bitch, the owner of the stud dog is not the breeder ,they just own the stud dog!

The stud dog will also be down on registration papers.

The bitch does not have an immaculate conception. She can not produce puppies without a stud.

This makes MR along with anyone else who uses a stud dog a breeder. Yet you claim she is not a breeder.

The statement they just own the stud dog implies , that is where their responsibility ends.

If I go to see a litter of pups, I also want to know the history of the stud dog.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

12-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Just caught up with this thread and I cant belive how off topic its been allowed to get.
It was supposed to be your opinions on Mary's BIS performance not a ;ecture on her ethics.
I thought it wasnt as good as other years but maybe the bbc camera men were a bit responsible for that. I loved the Sourcery apprentice a few years back and still think she does a great job with her dogs and it obvios they all adore her.
I find it a pity the non breeding fratunity have taken the chance ti have a pop at a wowman who in my opinion does so much to champion the welfare of dogs both here and and abroad.
Think thats a bit harsh and a huge generalisation, many of the responses supporting Mary are actually from what you call the non breeding fraternity. Do agree with you on the off topic bit though and I am guilty as well.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I find it a pity the non breeding fratunity have taken the chance ti have a pop at a wowman who in my opinion does so much to champion the welfare of dogs both here and and abroad.
Not sure who is the non breeding fratunity is??

Can only speak for myself, no where in any of my posts will you find I am against breeding...nor am I having a pop at anyone.

I gave an opinion on MR performance this yr and last... it was boring (only my own opinion) I find the whole sport as dull as dishwater...it maybe has something to to with he "silly" outfits people like to dress up in.

I would find it boring who ever was doing it. as this thread wa about her performance at Crufts, my opinion along with everyone else's is relevant...nothing to do with having a pop at anyone.

The breeding side of it, (I did not bring this up) and to be honest, have no interest in whether MR breeds or not.

I just found the statement... that she does not breed , but has a stud dog... to be contradictory to its self.

I would have asked the same question,
of anyone.. to explain the logic of that statement.

It seems from the reaction to this thread, some people like her, some dont...whether they know her or not...we all form opinions of people we dont know but see in public life.... it is life, no big deal.

I am sure she is not going to loose sleep over the fact a % of the population does not enjoy her sport.

What ever she does in real life, with rescue and so on... thats great, well done to her.

But I make no apologies for "not liking her sport" it is a personal preference. NOT AN ATTACK!!!!!!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
If a person has a stud dog, what does that make them???????

Er it makes them a Stud Dog Owner not a Dog Breeder. In law a Dog Breeder is the person(s)who own the bitch not the dog, you can have 100 stud dogs & do not need a dog breeder's licence, however you need a dog breeder's licence if you breed more than 5 litters a year

Mary has never bred any dogs to my knowledge, I do know that Quincy is a CEA carrier(oops you will have to join the site(free)to see the genetic information)& has produced affected dogs, but now that there is a DNA test a lot of his puppies have been DNA tested(or their offspring)so any spread of CEA should diminish over the years

Mary can be a bit hard on her dogs(not cruel, just expecting a high standard from the dogs she works)She is a very pleasant person, having judged her(& no she didn't win)she is just as pleased to gain a place as anyone else & knew where her bitch had lost her marks
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 12:35 PM
THE breeder of puppies is the person who owns the bitch, what is down on your registration forms? Mary does take a interest in Quincys puppies,i never said she didnt.however she does not, unlike the lies stated, sell puppies herself. This was what was implied by the post. If i was going to see a litter the breeder owns the bitch, the owner of the stud dog is not the breeder ,they just own the stud dog!
Agree with Mish all the way.
Mary takes a massive interest in Quincys pups. I've been at DTC with one of them and Mary likes to call herself granny
She adores them!!!!
I don't know what the big issue is with this thread. I'm don't know why people are saying things about her they nothing about! I'm sure she'd enjoy putting her pennies worth in .
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post

Er it makes them a Stud Dog Owner not a Dog Breeder. In law a Dog Breeder is the person(s)who own the bitch not the dog, you can have 100 stud dogs & do not need a dog breeder's licence, however you need a dog breeder's licence if you breed more than 5 litters a year

Mary has never bred any dogs to my knowledge, I do know that Quincy is a CEA carrier(oops you will have to join the site(free)to see the genetic information)& has produced affected dogs, but now that there is a DNA test a lot of his puppies have been DNA tested(or their offspring)so any spread of CEA should diminish over the years

Mary can be a bit hard on her dogs(not cruel, just expecting a high standard from the dogs she works)She is a very pleasant person, having judged her(& no she didn't win)she is just as pleased to gain a place as anyone else & knew where her bitch had lost her marks
Are you saying she didnt ask for relevant health tests on bitches the Dog mated? Or was he not tested untill a problem became appparent?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Flip! I asked because I wanted to know! She always uses Collies, and I know she had other breeds that started to do agilty etc.. but they quickly went off the scene, I can understand her keeping up with the Sheltie as they are very Collie and very trainable, but I am a bit surprised the Papillon stopped and the lurcher, most people that work lurchers have little trouble getting a good standard of obedience.
My friends that work Shelties would disagree with that!very unlike collies for obedience training!!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I have never seen nor heard of "Rooney" so cant comment, the one I recall was a broken/rough coated grey Dog of good height.
Rooney is a newer one, hes a yellowy silver brindle,BCx whippett,smooth coated,hes around 3-4 id think,collie sized
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Are you saying she didnt ask for relevant health tests on bitches the Dog mated? Or was he not tested untill a problem became appparent?

Its quite common to put a "carrier" not "affected",to a "clear", All that can be produced then are carriers or Clears, they can not produce affected.Knowledge is power in CEA,
there is no problem putting a carrier to a clear.

The DNA test has only been available in the last 5 ? years or so, before that we just had annual eye tests that werent fool proof.
Page 11 of 24 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »