Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-01-2007, 06:26 AM

Take back responsibility for yourself!

Here’s just a few quick words on a topic that often irritates me: Rules and regulations. No skateboarding, Turn off your mobile phone, Keep off the grass, Don’t feed the pigeons, Keep your dog on a lead. AAARRRGGGH!

Can people not be allowed to develop their common sense and consideration? Imposing a load of petty restrictions that are commonly ignored only serves to diminish respect for the more important and justified regulations.

Personally, I’m with Terry Pratchett on this one. Anyone who has read Thief of Time may recall a theme that recurs a couple of times. This being “Rules are there to make you think before you break them!” Also, Douglas Bader is quoted as saying: "Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools." I like to think that this philosophy is part of why his generation fought the Second World War in the first place!
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Rules are for older people like me to point at when we want to shout at youngsters who get on our nerves: "Can't you see the rules?"
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Even with all these rules in place, people still lack the consideration and common sense. At least the signs give you something to fall back on, when you're shouting at some ignorant person whose letting their out of control dog jump all over yours.
Totally in favour of them.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 01:14 PM
These people obviously think we dont have any common sense which alot of people dont have.
I was at a campsite this year & there was a total of 51 rules posted all over the site. We sat very still & quiet the whole time!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 01:35 PM
The thing is a lot of people don't have common sense do they....?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 02:03 PM
i think it shows consideration to post the rules though, so that everyone knows what's expected in a given place. Nope, not many people do have common sense....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 02:07 PM
there is always someone ready to break the rules ...through lack of commo sence so not sure why we bother .......................

PLEASE DON 'T SMOKE WHEN FILLING YOUR CAR WITH PETROL .....................
if i had a pound for very person who tried i would be very rich
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Great blog.... it's all been said already but totally agree with what you blogged. Unfortunately there is so many people out there without the common sense needed.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I would have agreed with you 20 years ago, but now I'm with most of the others, especially GSD Lover, I love 'em!!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 12:15 AM
I get where you're coming from - "no this ... no that ... this or that will be prosecuted ... don't do that ... " - argh sometimes it seems so stupid!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >