register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Grand National?
I think it should stay but changes need to be made 70 56.45%
I think it should stay with no changes 8 6.45%
I bet on it 16 12.90%
I don't bet on it 29 23.39%
I don't care one way or the other. 1 0.81%
I think it should be abolished 43 34.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 13 of 29 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
I hate the Grand National as it functions.
I would like to see it continue reformed.
I also like people to feel good about themselves after i disagree with them, with the possible exception of when im complaining about how they have made someone else feel bad about themselves when they disagreed with them.
Irony, yes.
Ahhh but you see the bullying thread was not about that but the mods never gave me a chance to explain myself because everyone jumped to the wrong conclusion and got it locked.

Other than that, meh.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I say again
Why is it acceptable for horses to die for something you enjoy but you were so against the agility at crufts where some dogs possibly slipped on the floor - and didnt die or hurt themselves

they were also not forced round with a whip
Its an acceptable risk to me. The dogs are performing tricks for their owners, they are not bred solely for that use, or are they now?

When dog agility gains the recognition that the GN has, I may rethink my position on that. Of course the slippy floor thing doesnt occur outside.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I say again
Why is it acceptable for horses to die for something you enjoy but you were so against the agility at crufts where some dogs possibly slipped on the floor - and didnt die or hurt themselves

they were also not forced round with a whip
...and why were you so disgusted about my filming Woody playing on laminate flooring?

How was my enjoyment of that any different to your enjoyment of horses racing? The risks were surely comparable if your comments at the time were to be believed.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Why is racing worth the risk to a horses life?
There are risks in everything we do. You risk your dog every day when you take him out, so do I. Difference is, the dog you have is a pet, a family companion, not an animal bred and trained to race.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Ahhh but you see the bullying thread was not about that but the mods never gave me a chance to explain myself because everyone jumped to the wrong conclusion and got it locked.

Other than that, meh.
righto

That would show me that there is a problem with the way you post your 'opinion'.
......that damn kettle agin!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
righto

......guess what
No, please do spell it out to me. What is wrong with the way I post?

Oh and 3419 so ner ner ne ner ner
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:10 PM
...and why were you so disgusted about my filming Woody playing on laminate flooring?

How was my enjoyment of that any different to your enjoyment of horses racing? The risks were surely comparable if your comments at the time were to be believed.
Same as I just said, your dog is a family pet. Yes I think your stupidity could have led to an injured dog, but a Horse trainer wouldnt be so silly as to do that would he? So comparable, dont think so pidge.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh I see, they are "noble" in their use, come on Azz.

Im not clutching at anything, I love racing it doesnt matter what you or anyone else says to me, I love it and thats it. I accept the risks involved and Im satisfied that the horses receive every care they require at all times.
YOU accept the risks involved????

It isn't your risk to accept!

rune
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Same as I just said, your dog is a family pet. Yes I think your stupidity could have led to an injured dog, but a Horse trainer wouldnt be so silly as to do that would he? So comparable, dont think so pidge.
But a horse training is training a horse to jump jumps that may kill it.

Had I continued to allow him to play on laminate flooring for my own pleasure it would be exactly the same, with the same consequences.

That is comparable and hypocritical of you.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I actually like Krusewalker and have never considered him to be an unpopular member of Dogsey, maybe I missed something (after all, I dont read the majority of threads!)

I dont know how to vote, i'm swaying towards not caring one way or the other but thats largely down to the fact I know nothing about the Grand National. I've never watched it, never betted on it and I dont watch the news or read papers so dont even really know what happened.
Page 13 of 29 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »