Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 07:48 PM

Dog guard and tailgate guard

Does anyone know where I can get relatively cheap dog guard and tailgate guard from for a VW Sharan 51 plate please?

Jen x
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Does anyone know where I can get relatively cheap dog guard and tailgate guard from for a VW Sharan 51 plate please?

Jen x
No, but if you find them can any one point me int he direction of same items but for a C8, sorry for hijacking your thread
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post

Jen x
No, but if you find them can anyone point me in the direction of same items but for a C8, sorry for hijacking your thread
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-07-2009, 09:10 AM
We had to find a dog guard in a hurry for a Ford Fiesta - so I googled Ford Fiesta Dog Guard and got several replies.

I then went to Halfords and discovered that they had more than one range that they did not put on the net - and we got one that fitted well - at what was a very reasonable price compared to others I had seen on the net.

Moral of the story - not all stores put on the net all that they have - so could well be worth a look.

If you are looking for a dog guard - worthwhile checking if you want one that will go from floor to roof of the car - one that will fit on to the side where the parcel shelf brackets go - or one that will attach to the back of the headrests. If you are looking at a 'universal' guard - check the dimensions of your car.

We found our cheapest option was to have one that attached to the back of the headrests and that enabled us to collapse the back seat to make room for our two collies.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
have a look on the Barjo website - they also sell used and discontinued models, I bought a tailagate guard this morning for £100. Total bargain!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
have a look on the Barjo website - they also sell used and discontinued models, I bought a tailagate guard this morning for £100. Total bargain!
Had a look on there and they don't have the Sharan one for any discount, but am waiting for them to get back to me with a price to buy them from new.

I have found a really nice dog guard which is a floor to ceiling one (going to be getting a smaller dog as well, so needs to be a floor to ceiling one) but that is £150 alone, so it will be interesting to see how much Barjo quote.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I looked last week and there was nothing, checked again today and they had one. You've just got to keep looking! Have a look in the free ads too, I got my dog guard (branded) on preloved for £40.00.
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-07-2009, 08:29 AM
The one we got in Halfords that fixed to the rear of the seats cost around £60. Sorry I can't remember the exact figure.