Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Sorry for the delay guys, well that was an experience

Long but shortened version as I wouldnt want to kill you all with boredom.

What a numpty they sent, complete idiot, and to top it off, he didnt like dogs!! Some of the questions he asked (and there were a lot) were just absurd, the first thing he asked me is, are you just coming from work? No, I am coming from school, bringing Mia home, you just saw me walk in (he was already here with Sean but had just got there coz we saw him) I knew from then it was going to be a long afternoon so, things like is Mia capable of washing and dressing herself? Is she concerned with her appearance? This guy obviously didnt have any kids of his own as his perspective of a 7 year old is mine of a 3 year old

My reply?
She picks out her own clothes, washes and dresses herself, if she gets dirty, does she care? no not really shes a 7 year old child who likes to play which may include making contact with the floor on occasion and as she doesnt have to wash or buy her own clothes she really doesnt have any need to worry about getting dirty. More about her eating and sleeping habits....

Then we move on to "extended family" with this I was quite suprised at his reaction. When told she has my parents, which she see's every weekend, an uncle + wife and 2 cousins on my side, which she see's a fair bit too, she stay's with my parents and my nephew in the school holidays. Sean's (Mia's dad) mum plus he has 2 brothers both with a child each so thats 2 more uncles and 2 more cousins, to which he asked, has she ever met them? Yes, of course she has met them or i wouldnt have mentioned them. He was totally amazed for some reason that she had all this family around her, a few more pointless family questions.....

Then we move on to mine and Sean's relationship, were we ever married? No, we lived together, How long did you live together? 7 years. He was shocked at that too (i'm started to get peeved with this now and steam is slowly rising from Sean) What is your relationship like now? very good. Yes i can see that, he says. How did Mia cope with the break up? She was a baby and didnt really notice. How does she feel about it now? It's not an issue, for her its always been like this so she see's nothing "different" about it. She has us both and she knows that. Sean REALLY not happy now so he moves on swiftly....

To school (you bored yet coz we were losing the will to live by this point)

How is she doing in school? Now, luckily I had been given her school report that day so, i just plonked that in his lap. Another shocked expression (he was good at those) oh wow, he says, she is doing very well isnt she. Yes, she is and always has done.......blah blah

On to the dogs...........

How does she get on with the dogs? Great, she loves the dogs, the dogs love her. Yes i see she has drawn a picture (back page of her school report "what i want to be when i grow up, Mia had drawn herself as a vet surrounded by animals that's my girl ) wasnt much else to say on that subject so he moved on to "nationality" What would you say you are? I'm english, And your parents? they're english, he asks Sean the same, english, parents Jamaican. So, what would that make Mia? English, I say. Would you say duel nationality? No, i'd say english. She's mixed race, english. so, i'll put her down as Black British I wasnt happy but couldnt be bothered so told him to put whatever he wants.

Then he wanted to speak to Mia, poor child was terrified, tears in her eyes, he got very little out of her other than shes happy, intellegent and plays with the dogs.

So, basically he terrified the life out of her, she didnt know what to say to him and was just scared of saying the wrong thing.

He then asked what our reaction to the accusations were, I said they are ridiculous and malicious. He said, so you are denying them then?

Followed by, right thats all, there is not much concern here. What? not much concern? oh sorry, he says laughing!!!! Did you want me to be exact? Well, that was Seans line overstepped, he hadnt said a word yet. Do you think this is some kind of joke? asks Sean Yes, we want exact, will you put in your report there is not much concern or there is none, coz there is a big difference as far as we are concerned? So, he corrected himself and swiftly left

All in all he was here just over an hour, just glad its over with but i shall be biding my time with those neighbours
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Just wanted to add, thank you all for the support, you've all been great xxxxxxxx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Daysleeper40 View Post
Have you considered that you don't hear about it when things go right - only when they go bad? You seem very sure of what you are saying for someone who has no first hand knowledge. I'm not suggesting that all SW's are perfect - there will be good and bad one's as there are in every walk of life, but to tar them all as utterly useless is incredibly short sighted of you IMO.

Oh dear, who's rattled your cage. Go preach the wonderfulness of SW's somewhere else. This is a thread where somebody (a good mother with a gorgeous little girl who is brought up in a lovely home) has had her life turned upside down because a fool has reported her for letting her child play with poo. You think it is adequate for her to be investigated by a SW and her child to be questioned. I think not

As for your snide accusation that I have had some SW involvement in my life, I can assure you that I have not. However, if some stupid neighbour took a dislike to my dogs, I most certainly could have one make a malicious call and have me up to my neck in it, just as VV is! I don't have to justify myself to you anyways, think what you like.

VV I have just seen your post. Glad it's all over. I'm just sorry that you had to be put through that. Clearly, they are employing numpties as SW's, which is what I suspected.

It's disgraceful that Mia has been upset in this way. Being a kid, she'll forget in time (hopefully).

As for the neighbours, you must be fuming. I'd bide my time too and hit them where it hurts. Everyone has a weak point. You just have to find theirs
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Oh dear, who's rattled your cage. You do seem determined to turn this into a raging argument - I'm not sure why? Is this how you always react when someone disagrees with you? Go preach the wonderfulness of SW's somewhere else. Read my post again - I clearly say I don't think they are all perfect. This is a thread where somebody (a good mother with a gorgeous little girl who is brought up in a lovely home) has had her life turned upside down because a fool has reported her for letting her child play with poo. Quite - be angry with the fool who reported it, not the SW's. You think it is adequate for her to be investigated by a SW and her child to be questioned. I think not

As for your snide accusation that I have had some SW involvement in my life, Please don't call me snide - I made no accusations. Simply pointed out that as you have had no personal involvement with SW's your opinion is based on a very one sided view - i.e. what you have heard. I can assure you that I have not. However, if some stupid neighbour took a dislike to my dogs, I most certainly could have one make a malicious call and have me up to my neck in it, just as VV is! I don't have to justify myself to you anyways, think what you like.

VV I have just seen your post. Glad it's all over. I'm just sorry that you had to be put through that. Clearly, they are employing numpties as SW's, which is what I suspected.

It's disgraceful that Mia has been upset in this way. Being a kid, she'll forget in time (hopefully).

As for the neighbours, you must be fuming. I'd bide my time too and hit them where it hurts. Everyone has a weak point. You just have to find theirs
VV - glad it is all sorted. Do you think you will say anything to the neighbours? - I know I'd want to if it were me but it might not be the best idea... then again it could clear the air. Either way hopefully you can put it behind you now.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 02:24 PM
VV I can partially understand how you are feeling now because it is nothing to do with me but I am fuming
So much unnecessary upset for you all.
Good on Sean for keeping his cool, my hubby would certainly have blown a gasket
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 02:25 PM
My mum did make me laugh, (she's 68 tomorrow and about 5 foot) I called her to let her know how it all went and she said, I've been thinking all day of a way to get them back (she is really annoyed, it has even made her ill worrying about it) She continued, I was thinking, i'll go round there, with a clipboard, say, i'm from social services and ask to speak to the person that made the complaint, when they come to the door, i'll smack em in the face!!

Love ya mum xx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Daysleeper40 View Post
VV - glad it is all sorted. Do you think you will say anything to the neighbours? - I know I'd want to if it were me but it might not be the best idea... then again it could clear the air. Either way hopefully you can put it behind you now.

No, it's you who wanted to turn it into an argument, you just don't like it when someone comes back at you.

Your comment was snide, whether you like to admit it or not.

VV has confirmed basically what I was saying about SWs - lots of brains and no common sense

Like I said to Ramble, let's see if you are so understanding if ever a fool neighbour makes such a ridiculous accusation about your family (a child playing with poo - please ). You might then not be so happy about SWs and the role they play
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
My mum did make me laugh, (she's 68 tomorrow and about 5 foot) I called her to let her know how it all went and she said, I've been thinking all day of a way to get them back (she is really annoyed, it has even made her ill worrying about it) She continued, I was thinking, i'll go round there, with a clipboard, say, i'm from social services and ask to speak to the person that made the complaint, when they come to the door, i'll smack em in the face!!

Love ya mum xx
That's exactly the sort of thing my Mum would come out with! Off you go, go get her a clipboard
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Glad it's over VV and sorry you've had to go through all of it. One day maybe common sense will prevail and allow some SW's to use their's instead of having to follow very rigid criteria for investigations, however inept it may be.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I am glad it is all over for you Jules.

Good on ya Mum. Get her that clipboard it is her Birthday after all.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >