View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I know someone who wants to fly out there for it - she was a big fan and relates to him very much.

I hope its a nice ceremony.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I hope it is nice and I think there is more of a chance in L.A. out of a residental neighborhood with people not having to travel 130 miles to get to Neverland. If they use the building where they did their rehearsing for the video just posted, they would be able to handle crowds.

I have a video to post tomorrow.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-07-2009, 11:17 PM
What's the video of?!

I've been looking for the one we did in school - found what I think is the tape it's on now just gotta go down me dads to copy it to DVD (he's got a vhs > dvd recorder) if it is it and I remb, I may post it up too (how embarrassing that will be!)
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2009, 11:24 PM
I'll post mine now and do post yours.

Michael Jackson at Madison Square Garden New York City
wish I knew what year it was.

Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-07-2009, 12:19 AM
What a fantastic performance! Not many can command the stage like that!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
I'll post mine now and do post yours.

Michael Jackson at Madison Square Garden New York City
wish I knew what year it was.

2001 I think. I remember watching it on TV.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2009, 12:08 PM
They are now calling it a Memorial set for Tuesday and will be in the Staples Center as I mentioned before and it only holds 20,000 The city is so broke and really the entire state of California so they are saying they cannot hire any extra police and the tickets are free.

I have a feeling there may be another change in date.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2009, 09:39 PM
NOW they are saying, the 17,500 tickets will be given away in a lottery and the other 2500 will be for family, friends, news and camera people around the world.

Sooooo they put the website up and it crashes in ten minutes from all the people trying to get tickets. They said as many as 700,000 could come and the mayor, police chief and the clueless group running this show is urging people to stay home and watch the feed on TV and I think something will be on the computer. Other reports say you can only see it there. Is Michael the only one that can plan something.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-07-2009, 01:46 AM
I don't know why they just don't have an open venue where people can pay their respects - there are going to be thousands possibly hundreds of thousands who want to go down for it. I know someone from the UK and another from the US who are going to pay their respects.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I don't know why they just don't have an open venue where people can pay their respects - there are going to be thousands possibly hundreds of thousands who want to go down for it. I know someone from the UK and another from the US who are going to pay their respects.
Tell your friend from the UK that the lottery is open to residents not in the US now. Duh!!

You are right all should be able to come if they want but our largest stadium that I know of only holds 50,000 (but soldier's field in chicago might have more room) The costs to the city holding it would be unbelievable, so they would have to go to the Arizona desert or something Couldn't you see that, no hotels, motels, no gas lol no food, no airport but some would get there. lol Good to laugh a bit about it but I'm sure I wouldn't be laughing if I was trying to get there. Have a good day. edit: the Indianinapolis Speedway holds 250,000 but that is not enclosed.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >