View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2009, 01:00 PM
We only do one long walk a day usually around mid-day but they have access to the garden throughout the day with a last wee break at about midnight.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I only walk my dogs once a day - but it is for 2 or 3 hours. I do chuck them out into the back garden for a widdle before i go to bed though.
i find a lot of people just walk them once a day, usually in the morning for about 2-3hrs, and then just take them out for a quicky in the evening. I think this is what im going to do with my pup when i can start taking her out for that length of time

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
we tend to work late, so its normaly after midnight for our lot,

weekends can be around 2.30am or later, depending on work,.

that said they dont wake up early our lot.
omg thats so late. must be quite hard if its dark and they are playing with a ball or something?

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
9pm for us - perhaps an hour or so later at the weekends
my god thats late as well. i usually end up winding down after 8pm. after that nothing will get me out the house lol

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Well I am fortunate in that I live on a hill farm (on a grouse moor) and my dogs are generally outside (in the garden or land around our cottage) most of the day, so I would still give them their last walk around 3pm or 4pm and then they will be able to mooch around the land after dark. I sometimes take them on one of the tracks with a torch too.
That must be great, being able to just let them out on the land. They must have so much fun. I would love it if i had that here
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Depends on me really.....could be 8pm or 11.30pm whatever the time thier ready
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Kismet gets a lead walk in the morning about 7.30am on work days and about 10am when I'm not working (Selkie and Pharaoh are too old and not morning dogs so have opted out of the morning walk)... Then all get a walk about 3pm, half on, half off lead and another before dark... depending on when dark is. In the winter we only get the 3pm walk, so double the time...

Seems to suit us. We only have one walk at the weekends usually, but it's normally a 'special' walk; somewhere new and exciting, the beach or the woods and at lunch time.

I don't like walking after dark. Off lead, Pharaoh runs into things, too many small furries about, Selkie's eyes are so bad she gets lost and I don't trust Kismet if I can't see her. On lead, I'm just a bit aware of how vulnerable I am. None of my dogs are aggressive, I wouldn't trust the to protect me and mine is not the safest neighbourhood in the world... Not the worst, but still.. I'd rather not walk it after dark...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm a morning girl too, so my dogs get their first walk at 7am. then a 2nd one at lunchtime, then they sleep, then we play in the garden in the late afternoon, they play on their own out there in the evening if it's nice, and that's enough for me and them! When summer's here of course, they will get very early 6 am. walks and 8pm at night, I don't go out in the heat of the day with my dogs being thick furry longcoats, it's not fair on them
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Kismet gets a lead walk in the morning about 7.30am on work days and about 10am when I'm not working (Selkie and Pharaoh are too old and not morning dogs so have opted out of the morning walk)... Then all get a walk about 3pm, half on, half off lead and another before dark... depending on when dark is. In the winter we only get the 3pm walk, so double the time...

Seems to suit us. We only have one walk at the weekends usually, but it's normally a 'special' walk; somewhere new and exciting, the beach or the woods and at lunch time.

I don't like walking after dark. Off lead, Pharaoh runs into things, too many small furries about, Selkie's eyes are so bad she gets lost and I don't trust Kismet if I can't see her. On lead, I'm just a bit aware of how vulnerable I am. None of my dogs are aggressive, I wouldn't trust the to protect me and mine is not the safest neighbourhood in the world... Not the worst, but still.. I'd rather not walk it after dark...
awww poor little Pharaoh and selkie. I dont blame you for not taking them off in the dark. And i know what you mean about not wanting to walk around in the dark. Im not that keen on it either, i suppose when the summer comes ill be going out later with her
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:30 PM
In the height of summer Selkie skips the mid day walk too.. She can't cope with the heat.. I suppose I'll have to see how Kismet feels this year... In the winter Pharaoh misses the late walk sometimes.. Too cold on his toesies....

Thinking about it our walks are actually very flexible based around weather... Selkie and Pharaoh won't go out if it's heavily raining. Selkie can't go out if it's too hot, Pharaoh not if it's too cold. Kismet hasn't found a weather she doesn't like yet
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
In the winter Poppy gets one walk a day, usually about 2pm for about an hour. In the summer she gets 2 walks unless it's really hot in which case it's one walk, after the sun has gone down and the weather is cooler, probably around 8pm or 9pm.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:33 PM
ive never thought about the heat in the summer. with me having a jack russel they dont really get that hot in the sun. well what i mean is, there coat isnt that long and they dont over heat.

well im hoping ill have a job by the summer so she prob wont be gong out at lunch times anyways.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Morning walk is usually for an hour to hour and a half when i've dropped kids off at school then in the evening between 7-9pm for another hour.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >