Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:30 AM

What do you love about your breed?

This got asked this question on another site and thought I would steal the idea....

Staffordshire Bull Terriers are an ideal size for my lifestyle, are short coated and easy to live with.
Mine have always been as gentle as lambs with the children and elderly in the family, and action packed powerhouses with those in the family who are prepared to hold the other end of their raggers....

Staffs are in my opinion have a zest for life that is heart warming, and a love of their family that is heart stopping in its sincerity. To be a Stafford owner you have to have a sense of humour. All my Staffs have the characteristics and traits that the breed should have, which has always allowed me to be nothing but proud of what I have at the other end of the lead.

Karen
shyart
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:37 AM
I have a gsd,and i love it that when we do anything she looks at me first as if to say "do i get the go ahead" for example the door knocking,she looks at me first and then barks,but likes to get the goahead from my eye contact to do so.I love there faithful and loving trust,and the way they have an intelligence to learn and train with new things
niki
xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:45 AM
I love Everything about Rotties, warts and all,

I love there goofy personalitys, they are so loving, fun, cleaver {when they wana be}, there ability to make you laugh even when your really down, But even though they are goofy, they will lay there life down for you if need be,.
I love the way they think, move, whats not to love....
My whole family love them, from the oldest to the youngest, and the rotties love them back.

rotties rock..

Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-03-2009, 10:46 AM
English Springer Spaniel - I love their enthusiasm, determination, loyalty and sheer love for life. There's never a dull day with a Springer about and they're never far from your side.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:55 AM
German Shepherds - I love their loyalty, bravery, trainability, intelligence and their beautiful noble looks. They are very intuitive as to how their owner is thinking and feeling. They are the whole package for me, and I can't imagine my life without them in it.

Border Collie - I love their boundless energy and enthusiasm, their intelligence and how they are so affectionate. I like the diversity within the breed too.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Greys are sooooo laid back, he just wants to be near me he'll do whatever i want to do, and if i don't want to do anything he'll just lay down and have a nap. nothing phases him, apart from little dogs of course! think he'd prefer it if i could take him down the park every day though!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 11:00 AM
With shibas, I think it's their independant streak - they're not a clingy breed, and are quite happy with their own company. Hardly ever on a lap, more likely to not even be in the same room as me.

I also totally love their "voice" - a very vocal breed - and this I find very endearing....

CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I LOVE EVERYTHING about the Chihuahua (have eight of them). They are so small and compact you can take them anywhere with you (even shopping). They are intelligent and understanding and so in tune with their Owner. They are loyal and loving and fantastic with kids (unlike their reputation). I can't ever see me wanting to get an alternative toy breed, though I would like a large breed in the future, when I get the house with lots of land in the country or by the sea (won't be until the kids have left school)
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 03:35 PM
I love the sheer cheekiness of jack russells
The boundless energy ( when they're not sleeping) and that whatever you are doing , they want to do it with you
I love that they can be playful cuddle bugs one minute and independent rat dispatchers extraordinaire the next.
I also love the fact that you have to out-think them if you want to train them And that when you do train them, it has to be fun fun fun or they don't bother!
I love the fact they can look you in the eye - and frequently do

And I also adore the fact they come in different shapes sizes and coats. Non conformist - just like their sweet little brains
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Rotties - I love the fact that they are so eager to please, loyal, clever, they are great to cuddle and are just fab family pets (I have 4 rotts and 2 kids aged 6 and 4). I love the fact that they think they are lap dogs and really don't think they are as big as they really are (they are always sending the dining chairs flying because they think they can run under them!)

I also love to prove people wrong and show them that rotts aren't 'devil dogs' mine love everyone and everything and have converted several people along the way.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >