View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mysti77
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Max wants to go out for a wee at 7am. He started to wake up at 3/4am and scratch the door and sometimes launch himself at it. I'd take him out because I didn't want him to wake my partner too. After 2 weeks of this, I got fedup and told my boyfriend that he's just going to have to bear with it for a few nights, but I'm going to ignore him because I know he doesn't need to go then, he just got into a bad habit.

Sure enough, for 3 nights when he woke up at that hour I went to him and told him to get back to his bed every time he started pacing, scratching the doors etc. After that he was back to normal.

Every now and then he plays up, but I just do the same rule, but only because he is very well house trained and sometimes I think he just wants to go outside to have a wonder around, not necessarily to pee.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 11:34 AM
No idea! Thank heavens for dog-flaps I say. My ancient GSP starts tap-dancing on the laminate in the hall when he gets hungry for his breakfast but I`m training my sons to hurl chicken wings at him.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 12:08 PM
I had the same here originally with Zena. Bed at 9 pm. and she would cry at 5.30 am. to go out, so I used to just stay up from then Now she goes from 9 pm. right up until 6.18 on the dot, every single morning! I don't mind getting up at that time, and we can get out early and avoid the crowds on our walk! She would actually go back to bed after 2 wee's and 3 poos (yes!!!) if I wanted, but I like to get out, especially now it's light. Other dogs have got us up at 3am in the past just to have a wee, so for a little pup I think Zena is brilliant to hold it for that long!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 12:11 PM
my lot are lazy sods, tegan often doesnt come downstairs untill 11.00am

but our lot stay up late lol, so last wee is normlay in the early am
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Mine wakes up when i do so if i want a lie in shes happy to sleep til whenever, if i get up early and she knows she not going for a walk she will just go back to sleep. She loves her bed as much as i love mine - lazy sods together we are!!!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Haha! I love my sleep so my three will stay in bed as long as I do! Normally until around tennish if i'm off work, Felix quite often has to be turfed out of bed - his record so far is four in the afternoon! and thats without coming down for a pee!

My Mum on the other hand is up by half five every morning with Frankie-bean - I don't know how she does it!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi,

My brood go out for a last wee at about 1100-1130pm then we're all in bed by midnight. I'm up most nights anyway because of my dodgy knee so Yiannis needing to go out at 3am most mornings isn't a problem. After that, it's solid sleep for all of us until 730am (weekdays and weekends) when I'm up for work/school for my Son.

They all sleep in the living room with access to the kitchen but usually we come downstairs in the morning and they're still in their "sleeping" positions. Zane is on his back on the sofa, Yiannis on the floor on his bed and Ellie on the armchair. I open the back door for them to go out for a wee and Zane goes out like a rocket. Ellie is a typical lazy Akita and needs coaxing a bit. Yiannis has his breakfast first and my Son and I take them for their first walk. Then they're all outside until I'm back from the school run.

Laura xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Bryan gets up at the minute at about 7am, has a reccy round the house and goes back to his bed
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Poppy gets up 5 minutes before us in the week, so 6.15am, but the same time at weekends! She used to settle again for a couple of hours at weekends once she'd been out to the loo, but not anymore, I was up at 6.30 yesterday morning and mum had her turn at 6.20 this morning! For some reason she won't settle again like she used to.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Whenever I get up.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3