Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 07:29 AM

what time do your dogs wake up?

Tilly is getting earlier & earlier......... I'm talking 5.30am now. It used to be 6.45am on the dot which I can handle, but 5.30am! (still middle of the night to me!)
Trouble is now by 9.30pm in the evening, I'm falling asleep & she seems to settle herself down around 9 - 10pm after having a mad half hour!
I've tried letting her out for a wee then going back up in the morning but she's having none of it!
This morning we decided to let her on the bed - but she's not exactly a lap doggie & jumped off got a pair of socks (that'll teach me to leave em on the floor) and then attacked my shoe shelf....... not interested in laying on the bed for a cuddle!! Then she weed on the landing - so down we came!
So now I'm downstairs & after refusing to play sqeaky toy with her, she's curled up fast asleep by her food cupboard.
She's been waking early since I came back from Liverpool at half term - whilst there, when I went down at 7am my mum's dog looked at me as if to say "what time d'ya call this" he doesn't get up until 10am........... ooooh heaven!!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Hmmm Well Milo at 4.30 every morning jumps off and on the bed whineing at the door as if he is desperate to go out. If I ignore him he goes and wakes Shady who is asleep in her bed beside me and makes her get up. Once Shady is up I have to get up as she cannot hold her wee to well .
As soon as I open the bedroom door to let them go downstairs Milo jumps back on the bed and gets in my warm spot, thats all he wanted, he just does that to get me up every morning without fail to claim the warm spot in bed.
On the days I then go back to bed for another hour he hates it as when I get back up there I make him move again
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Hmmm Well Milo at 4.30 every morning jumps off and on the bed whineing at the door as if he is desperate to go out. If I ignore him he goes and wakes Shady who is asleep in her bed beside me and makes her get up. Once Shady is up I have to get up as she cannot hold her wee to well .
As soon as I open the bedroom door to let them go downstairs Milo jumps back on the bed and gets in my warm spot, thats all he wanted, he just does that to get me up every morning without fail to claim the warm spot in bed.
On the days I then go back to bed for another hour he hates it as when I get back up there I make him move again
lol (sorry for you, 4.30am!) but isn't Milo clever!
That's made me feel better - I get an extra hour........ the clocks go forward soon though!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Jack usually sleeps until he knows we are awake I may here him get up and move about, but he doesn't disturb us, so I guess we are very lucky but BUT he has been known to come and wake me up at 2am with cuddles and kisses and then, when he knows I'm awake enough he's gone and got his ball and dropped it on my pillow for me play with, and you can just feal those eyes burning into you asking you to 'please play' it always followed up with a 'go away' but no quite so polite
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Hooch is waking me earlier now that its lighter too, grrrrr.
I am not a morning person but he wakes me up so nicely
To start with, he snuggles his head between my neck and my pillow, its his cold wet nose thats wakes me up. if that doesn't get me up its then the paw on my arm, then if that also fails he makes a grumpy noise and kind of shakes the bed. and the final one is he puts his head under my pillow and pushes my head off. what does he do then? lies down in the warm spot iv just moved from with a smug look on his face.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Angus stirs and will let out a woof at about 5.30 too - in the weekdays I am up at about 5.45am so I think he thinks he is the alarm clock! We do tell him to be quiet which he can ignore sometimes. but if they here ANYONE move for a wee they all get excited.

Had to smile at Milo - clever boy isn't he x
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:43 AM
My goodness!!! I was moaning because its 6.45 in this house, but thats the middle of the day compared to you lot!!
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:47 AM
I forgot to mention he woke me at 6am this morning
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by wendyann View Post
My goodness!!! I was moaning because its 6.45 in this house, but thats the middle of the day compared to you lot!!
Lol - I'd settle for 6.45am!......... There won't be any replys from the Sunday Lay in dogsies yet............ coz their all still in bed
On a good note, I have been known to have all my ironing done by 8am! I haven't been mean enough to hoover yet as that would wake the kids - even though the dog doesn't! Selective hearing me thinks
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:49 AM
In the week I am up at 5/5.30 anyway....I wake them up

But on Sundays they will wait till 8, and if I go back upstairs with a coffee, they settle back down, but then I do get them up early in the week don't I
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >