Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:59 PM

Storm's been in the wars - long post, sorry

I've just got back from the vets with Storm and he is not a very happy boy

We were on our walk and he and Meeka were chasing around on the field. This field is one of 4 fields that are surrounded by bushes/trees, have the river running along one side and a footpath on the other.

I saw a bike coming round the footpath so I whistled them back because although they were nowhere near the footpath I am always concerned that they might change direction and run in front of them. He started running back to me (he always comes straight back no problems) when a dog came out of the bushes and snagged him on the way past. This made him run back even faster with the dog hot on his heels. He was almost back to me when another dog came out of the bushes and body slammed him into a tree

Storm screamed (I've never heard anything like it) and the dog tried to get hold of him. Meeka decided that this wasn't on and flew for it all teeth showing and it ran back into the bushes (I have no idea where the other one disappeared to).

Storm couldn't put any weight on his front leg and did not want to walk so I had to carry him back to the car (not easy, he might only weigh 30kg but it feels like a ton when you are trying not to hurt them)

We went straight to the vets and the results are badly bruised ribs and torn shoulder muscle.

He is curled up in bed now, full of pain killers and anti inflammatories.

I've never seen the dogs before so have no idea who they belong to. I'll have to ask around the other regulars tomorrow to see if they know anything.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Awww...bless! Hope he feels better soon. xx What a nightmare that those dogs came from nowhere
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Oh bless, gentle hugs for him and a calming hug for you.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 11:02 PM
aww bless, theres nothing worse when your little babys get hurt. hope the pain killers work and that he is able to put weight on his leg 2moz. warming thoughts and hugs being sent your way XXXX
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:32 AM
How awful for you. That incident definitely needs further investigation, IMO.

Hugs to you and a really gentle one for Storm xxx
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks everyone, he is up and about this morning although still limping and obviously sore.

He is a bit of a wimp anyway. I just hope that it doesn't make him fearful of other dogs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2009, 07:42 AM
That must of been frightening for you and poor Storm, wonder who they belong too I think if you have a dog warden it might be worth making them aware.
Hope he feels better soon and you too.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Poor little lad, and what a fright for you..someone somewhere must know the dogs involved...what would have happened had Storm been a miniature breed?

Please give him gentle hugs and kisses from me xx
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
That must of been frightening for you and poor Storm, wonder who they belong too I think if you have a dog warden it might be worth making them aware.
Hope he feels better soon and you too.
Hi Lynn, we're extremely lucky here as there doesn't tend to be 'ownerless' dogs about. Chances are the owner was the other side of the bushes in the adjoining field. It tends to be pretty much the same walkers but I haven't seen these before but it could be that they usually walk at a different time?

I will be out today to 'interrogate' the other walkers and also to make them aware that these dogs are a bit full on.

I will keep my eyes out for them and their owner too so that I can have a word with him/her

Chellie
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Poor little lad, and what a fright for you..someone somewhere must know the dogs involved...what would have happened had Storm been a miniature breed?

Please give him gentle hugs and kisses from me xx
Hi Sheree

It happened so fast that I didn't even have time to really react.

As for the minature breed, I don't think it would still be here

Hugs given and returned to all

Chellie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >