View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`m going to show my age a bit here but...
don`t they teach them to use spell-checkers at school any more?
Apparently not because anyone who protests against anything cant spell! Our banners are all spelt wrong apparently

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Not another nutter, I take exception at being called a mutant, I may not be pretty but I'm not a mutant, and if you try to exterminate me I think you might get arrested!!
But its ok for you to call someone a nutter 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Originally Posted by Hannaho View Post
Arn't these protesters supposed to be throwing flour and eggs at the dogs when they go into crufts!! - thats the only thing that is cruel!! the only people i know who go into crufts are people that genuinly adore there dogs and their dogs are their world !!

(

Are they? Can you give me a link that any group is proposing this please.

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I have been thinking about this, Now in my mind the Nec owns all the land and car parks round about it?

If so you may find the protesters can only get as far as the access roads?

Not right up to the doors?

It could be worth someone emailing the NEC and asking what they plan, they must know protests are being arranged, they may be more than willing to put peoples mind at ease x
Hmmm I think you’re right on that one Shona, certainly where I have protested we have been kept off private land however Im not sure about the access roads around the NEC or even the car parks. Also if the protestors have purchased tickets they are entitled to be anywhere they want.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Crufts is just an easy target. Pity they didn't do their research and know about 'mutant dogs' while Crufts still had proper TV coverage. Anyone who knows their stuff doesn't need to hop on the bandwagon of a cheap BBC documentary.

I'm all for having a discussion, but from reading their 'literature', I don't think the people organising this have a well formed argument, much knowledge or anything interesting to say. Oh well. And I do wonder how many puppy farmed dogs got into crufts his year?!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Hmmm I think you’re right on that one Shona, certainly where I have protested we have been kept off private land however Im not sure about the access roads around the NEC or even the car parks. Also if the protestors have purchased tickets they are entitled to be anywhere they want.
I would think if the NEC are on the ball, then the protesters will be at the entry roads {which I must say is fair enough}

But............. even if they have tickets I wouldnt think that would cover them to start a protest at the doors, I would think in this case these people will be removed from the grounds to the gates.

I think though a peaceful protest at the gates would be ok.

so long as things are not thrown at people, cars or dogs.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Apparently not because anyone who protests against anything cant spell! Our banners are all spelt wrong apparently

But its ok for you to call someone a nutter 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Are they? Can you give me a link that any group is proposing this please.

I dont think anyone would argue with that, as along as they are peaceful..but when you hear words like... exterminate and mutants , it rather sets the tone of the protesters dont you think.

Or are you OK with that kind of "peaceful" mindset of the organisers.

And I would think whether you had paid a car park ticke tor not, if you are violent to others you will be removed!!!!!!!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I would think if the NEC are on the ball, then the protesters will be at the entry roads {which I must say is fair enough}

But............. even if they have tickets I wouldnt think that would cover them to start a protest at the doors, I would think in this case these people will be removed from the grounds to the gates.

I think though a peaceful protest at the gates would be ok.

so long as things are not thrown at people, cars or dogs.
As I said Im not sure the roads etc to the NEC are actually private so they could protest wherever they want to so long as its peaceful and if they have permission they can protest or canvass outside the door.

Ive not seen anything yet apart rumour that anything is going to be thrown.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:14 PM
As I said Im not sure the roads etc to the NEC are actually private so they could protest wherever they want to so long as its peaceful and if they have permission they can protest or canvass outside the door.

Ive not seen anything yet apart rumour that anything is going to be thrown.
I dont think the entry roads will be an issue, they will be well policed and are far enough away from the main venue, so fair play if they wish to have people there with banners.

I really cant see the NEC giving permission to have protesters at the main doors.... not when they are making so much money from the dog show.

ETA: with some luck jackbox will get some response to her email soon and we will all know what the NEC will and will not allow.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kizzy97 View Post
To all right minded dog owners who really care about dogs. Please join in the Crufts protests, these cruel breeders must be exterminated, their motherearth, money making, puppy farm manager kennel club is in it’s final death throws. Help the protest groups by showing your outrage at these mutant breeders and show them the public outrage at their deliberate, deformed & sick breeding practices.
Reading this again, I agree with you on all these points:

1. Cruelty cannot be accepted
2. Using dogs as money-making machines is totally unacceptable
3. Puppy-farming is horific
4. The Kennel Club is pretty rubbish
5. Breeding over-exaggerated, unfit dogs is wrong

But, I will not be supporting your protest at Crufts because:

1. It's not the place for it
2. You make huge overgeneralisations
3. Your arguments are ill-informed
4. You don't back your words up with anything
5. You don't propose a way forward
6. Why now? You telling me you didn't know about droopy bassets or pekes with breathing problems before a documentary was aired? That's not very impressive.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
Reading this again, I agree with you on all these points:

1. Cruelty cannot be accepted
2. Using dogs as money-making machines is totally unacceptable
3. Puppy-farming is horific
4. The Kennel Club is pretty rubbish
5. Breeding over-exaggerated, unfit dogs is wrong

But, I will not be supporting your protest at Crufts because:

1. It's not the place for it
2. You make huge overgeneralisations
3. Your arguments are ill-informed
4. You don't back your words up with anything
5. You don't propose a way forward
6. Why now? You telling me you didn't know about droopy bassets or pekes with breathing problems before a documentary was aired? That's not very impressive.
Excellent post. Very balanced and true in my opinion
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hannaho View Post
Arn't these protesters supposed to be throwing flour and eggs at the dogs when they go into crufts!! - thats the only thing that is cruel!! the only people i know who go into crufts are people that genuinly adore there dogs and their dogs are their world !!

(
Daisy n Shamus say they`d quite like a few eggs lobbed their way please.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I would assume this is something to do with it; http://www.veggies.org.uk/event.php?ref=30

i love how they reckon working dogs are slaves, you give me a high drive working dog and take away it's job, now THAT is cruelty! honestly, being passionate about something is fine, but at least research it properly and without bias first! BUT they are starting the demo AFTER the dogs have gone in so hopefully they'll be no egg throwing- hopefully! none of that 'sneak in, open all the cages and let the dogs escape and be ~*~*free*~*~ and get run over' sh*t.. be careful all of you taking your dogs wont you

the mutant and i are going to bed now oh but wait hes a rescue, i guess he must be okay!
Page 5 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »