Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
Kizzy if you stick around on Dogsey for a bit you'll see that we really don't tolerate bad breeding practices here. they are pretty much hounded out, and rightly so We have many people who show their dogs in KC shows and breed them, but they do all of their health tests, they raise healthy happy puppies with outstanding temperaments and they genuinely care about their dogs, as pets first and foremost. thats how it should be, of course. it's not that we don't care, it's that the KC is the best resource that we have as of now for registering pedigree dogs so they have to work with what they have. there are bad KC breeders of course, but to target all breeders is unfair. the KC actually funds a lot of research into finding the cause and prevention of genetic illnesses in dogs. Personally i abhor breeding dogs who cannot function properly just for the aesthetic appeal, but then the KC is also running that fit for function campaign. it won't be instantaneous but hopefully we should be seeing some breeds start to change and become less 'mutantish' in the next few years. try having a look on some of our threads discussing the pedigree dogs exposed program, you'll see that we were as disgusted as you are with some of the poor breeding practices showed there, but the fact is that the KC does not condone this, and demonizing them or breeders of pedigree dogs won't do anything to help solve the problem. protesting against it certainly wont- there is nothing wrong with crufts, just with those individuals who see their dogs as rosettes and trophys rather than living, feeling beings. I agree that if you really want to make a difference to the welfare of dogs, try protesting at the likes of puppy farms. they truly deserve it.

now wheres my soup?!
After that, you deserve two bowls and a crusty roll
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Join The Crufts Protests
Or... if you really care about animals... don't.

I don't care if this is a troll, just in case you're not a troll I'm going to write this anyway.

I have two pedigree dogs. Dalmatians. One is 14 and still starting playfights with my 3 and a half year old. He's a happy, healthy dog with signs of old age but nothing more.

My youngest is going to Crufts with me on Saturday and Sunday. She will be assisting me as my assistance dog, accompanying me to the main ring for the Friends for Life Competition that the Kennel Club have arranged to help people like me gain recognition for the amazing dogs that have truly changed their lives. She will also be acting as an ambassador for her breed with many, many dalmatian breeders, handlers and owners backing us.

She came from a breeder, she's a pedigree, she has no more health problems that a mongrel may have (she developpied incontinence aged 2 and occasionally gets ear infections if she goes swimming and they don't get cleaned out properly). She has totally changed my life and saved me from the depths of depression. She gave me something to live for and a purpose in life.

She accompanies me to work every day and will be at Crufts with me.

If you really cared about dogs, you would not even contemplate putting on such a protest where you could easily frighten dogs that are going into a potentially stressful environment anyway.

Please Kizzy, consider protesting against something worth protesting against, such as puppy farming, rogue dog trainers who totally damage the dogs in their 'care' etc. etc. instead of jumping on the bandwagon of the BBC programme before you really understand what goes into breeding pedigree dogs and what the KC are doing to improve the standards of this breeding.

I'm all for improving the way dogs are bred and I believe the KC when they say they are working on it. But the KC will never manage to improve these standards if they are constantly being kicked down by muppets who can't see the bigger picture.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I`m going to show my age a bit here but...
don`t they teach them to use spell-checkers at school any more?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
IM A BREEDER AND PROUD OF IT

Kizzy, why not leave alone all the people that have worked so hard to get there dogs to crufts,

come and shout outside my house

Im easy to find......just google DARCGUARD ROTTWEILERS

PLEASE!! PLEASE!!!!!! can I come watch..those big bouncy health Rotties... play with the little trolls
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`m going to show my age a bit here but...
don`t they teach them to use spell-checkers at school any more?

if i'm right in thinking this is a group from Notts uni. they are supposed to be intelligent
just another student group jumping on the bandwagon of a particular programme.

they probably dont know the first thing about dogs anyway the same as they dont know about life!!!!

let them have their fun .......cause they'll get none elsewhere.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Kizzy97 View Post
To all right minded dog owners who really care about dogs. Please join in the Crufts protests, these cruel breeders must be exterminated, their motherearth, money making, puppy farm manager kennel club is in it’s final death throws. Help the protest groups by showing your outrage at these mutant breeders and show them the public outrage at their deliberate, deformed & sick breeding practices.

Link removed
Not another nutter, I take exception at being called a mutant, I may not be pretty but I'm not a mutant, and if you try to exterminate me I think you might get arrested!!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Not another nutter, I take exception at being called a mutant, I may not be pretty but I'm not a mutant, and if you try to exterminate me I think you might get arrested!!
maybe she mean 'breeder of mutants?' Either way she's a few butties short of a picnic.

And obviously thinks she's a Dalek.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
PLEASE!! PLEASE!!!!!! can I come watch..those big bouncy health Rotties... play with the little trolls
wahey...the more the merrier,
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Welcome to Dogsey Kizzy!!
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Arn't these protesters supposed to be throwing flour and eggs at the dogs when they go into crufts!! - thats the only thing that is cruel!! the only people i know who go into crufts are people that genuinly adore there dogs and their dogs are their world !!

(
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »