Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Hahahahaaa
Soup again, so soon?
Hi Kel, you always get in first with the witty one liners

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
hahahahahahaah im on a diet but sod it, make mine a huge bowl........
I'm meant to be on a diet too but I'll join you

BTW is this the PETA group we're talking about here Had some info about them on another forum which made me very unhappy.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Kel, you always get in first with the witty one liners

I'm meant to be on a diet too but I'll join you

BTW is this the PETA group we're talking about here Had some info about them on another forum which made me very unhappy.
Haha, I have my troll eye out today what can I say?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 12:29 PM
That's right -- exterminate all the breeders of pedigree dogs! I totally agree. What a fantastic idea. Then we will all be left with a bunch of generic looking mutts. That would make PETA so happy...go PETA!!
Teal'c
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
ARGHHHHH I know the poster is a flipping troll but I'm really starting to get pee'd off with the generalizations being made:

The demo will be highlighting the problems involved in breeding dogs to unrealistic Kennel Club standards which endangers their lives, and the ethical issues surrounding buying newly bred puppies when so many dogs are available in rescue centres.
Crufts is so much more than just showing and breeding.......... I can find numerous examples of this with the dogs and handlers going on this forum alone never mind the thousands of others attending. This and the other protests planned are ill thought through............
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah right!!! Go get a life!!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Okay Guys ( you already know I am cyber innocent) is this a troll (as in just posting to cause a hoohar) or is this person serious about the poop she is spouting! I'm sooooooooooooooo confused
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 12:45 PM
and the ethical issues surrounding buying newly bred puppies when so many dogs are available in rescue centres.
It does make me chuckle when the PETA/animal activist fruit loops quote this. RESPONSIBLE BREEDERS DOGS NEVER END UP IN SHELTERS. EVER. So quoting this is utter codswallop. If there were no backyard breeders, puppy mills and 'Fido is so gawjus she must av' a cuple' of littas' idiots churing out puppies left, right and centre, THERE WOULD BE NO DOGS IN DOG SHELTERS.

There. I feel better now.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Kizzy if you stick around on Dogsey for a bit you'll see that we really don't tolerate bad breeding practices here. they are pretty much hounded out, and rightly so We have many people who show their dogs in KC shows and breed them, but they do all of their health tests, they raise healthy happy puppies with outstanding temperaments and they genuinely care about their dogs, as pets first and foremost. thats how it should be, of course. it's not that we don't care, it's that the KC is the best resource that we have as of now for registering pedigree dogs so they have to work with what they have. there are bad KC breeders of course, but to target all breeders is unfair. the KC actually funds a lot of research into finding the cause and prevention of genetic illnesses in dogs. Personally i abhor breeding dogs who cannot function properly just for the aesthetic appeal, but then the KC is also running that fit for function campaign. it won't be instantaneous but hopefully we should be seeing some breeds start to change and become less 'mutantish' in the next few years. try having a look on some of our threads discussing the pedigree dogs exposed program, you'll see that we were as disgusted as you are with some of the poor breeding practices showed there, but the fact is that the KC does not condone this, and demonizing them or breeders of pedigree dogs won't do anything to help solve the problem. protesting against it certainly wont- there is nothing wrong with crufts, just with those individuals who see their dogs as rosettes and trophys rather than living, feeling beings. I agree that if you really want to make a difference to the welfare of dogs, try protesting at the likes of puppy farms. they truly deserve it.

now wheres my soup?!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Okay Guys ( you already know I am cyber innocent) is this a troll (as in just posting to cause a hoohar) or is this person serious about the poop she is spouting! I'm sooooooooooooooo confused
this is one of the far more devious type, they really believe they will gain support, I would think all dog forums are being hit with this type of tripe at the moment,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
IM A BREEDER AND PROUD OF IT

Kizzy, why not leave alone all the people that have worked so hard to get there dogs to crufts,

come and shout outside my house

Im easy to find......just google DARCGUARD ROTTWEILERS

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »