Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2005, 02:38 AM

Computer Virus

Despite having a lot of security on my PC - Norton 2005 Internet Security, and Anti Spyware: Microsoft, Spotbot S&D, Adware and Yahoo, somehow three nasty Spyware still got into my machine...They were :MyWebSearch, MyWayWebSearch and Funweb...Also a really nasty virus, A Trojan, Java Femad which took down my browser and infected files and registry...

All my security is updated and run regularly, but even so they all somehow fiound a way to get into my computer...So please do be aware and ultra careful...I was forced off line for quite some time because of these...Please do not let it happen to you...
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Isn't MyWebSearch all part of Smilie Central? I think I can remember downloading this in the past.
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Yes thats correct CC its connected

Anything you download that you are unsure of should be checked for Spyware & Adware
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2005, 09:18 AM
i use adaware run it through every day and remove that all i have no problem with a virus if you keep your computer clean it helps
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
i use adaware run it through every day and remove that all i have no problem with a virus if you keep your computer clean it helps

You do like to keep things clean don't you Fred

What is this adaware that you run through every day - is it free and where can I get it if it is I have got the microsoft anti-spyware which I run through every few days is this something the same?
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Yep, Disc Clean in the system tools under accessories and defrag once a week helps the pc, especially if you download a lot as i do
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
You do like to keep things clean don't you Fred

What is this adaware that you run through every day - is it free and where can I get it if it is I have got the microsoft anti-spyware which I run through every few days is this something the same?
yep especialy my computer that one from microsoft kept messing my computer up i think it is made for microsoft software but that`s my opinion the best at the momment and its free is;
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

read it i find it good and never had any problem updates are free as well and i delete everything it finds
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 10:22 AM
yep especialy my computer that one from microsoft kept messing my computer up i think it is made for microsoft software but that`s my opinion the best at the momment and its free is;
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

read it i find it good and never had any problem updates are free as well and i delete everything it finds

Oh thanks Fred

The problem I have with the microsoft one is that it keeps putting little popups up which stay up for a few seconds and blocks what you want to see and asks you whether you want to allow something or block it - well I haven't got a clue whether I should or shouldn't to be honest
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2005, 10:37 AM
I also use adaware it is very good i do a smart scan every day and a full system scan once a week it is very good
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Any of the anti-virus/anti-spyware products are only as up to date as yesterday's viruses/spyware. The protection is typically 'retrospective' as new viruses, trojans etc are created every day - it may be some hours/days before an effective solution is found.

Also, depending on your settings, your programs may not be set up to update as soon as new updates are available.

I use Ad-Aware as well as Spybot Search and Destroy:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

It monitors whether your homepage is being 'hijacked' too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >