Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 10:28 PM

Beware of the dark

After answering a few emails I thought off to bed (11.pm). Let the dogs out for thier last wee's etc., walked away from the door, when a almightly fight broke out in the garden.

Skye screaming screaming and screaming , bruce snarling and growling like something demented, both obviously in a fight .....I ran outside, Patrick was out and I expected to see a blood bath, NEVER have mine ever been in a fight with each other, I was mortified.

After running out it WASN'T each other they were fighting with......but something else. Whatever it was it took to the fence and bolted I couldn't see what it was, but it flew off, I heard the bang of the fence as it went.

Both dogs have blood on them, Bruce has a bite to his leg, only two punture wounds which I have cleaned, Skye seems a little ''put out'' but I can not find anything on her other than blood that doesn't seem to be hers and wet area near her neck, which has no blood on.

God knows what that was, Reah ran out but missed it all.

Patrick just come in and Bruce is OK all macho, Skye was off for a few mins, but she is playing with Bruce now.

I hope whatever that was it isn't hurt, looks like I'll be awake all night now worring, whatever it was was by the chicken run.......wonder if it was a fox. Hope it's ok
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 10:32 PM
oh my goodness how scary! it may have been a tom cat. i would have thought that would be more likely to fight/attack than a fox. i'm glad your pups are ok though.

i have a roaming tom cat that lives near me and i've seen (unfortunately) the damage he has done to my cats. jeez, why don't people neuter!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
oh my goodness how scary! it may have been a tom cat. i would have thought that would be more likely to fight/attack than a fox. i'm glad your pups are ok though.

i have a roaming tom cat that lives near me and i've seen (unfortunately) the damage he has done to my cats. jeez, why don't people neuter!
oh dear not what you need! hope everyone/thing is ok
i agree prob a cat
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
oh dear not what you need! hope everyone/thing is ok
i agree prob a cat
You may have a point, Pat's just said the same. Strange though as they don't usually go for cats, but we have had one that has become a real nuisance of late, he keeps attacking our neutered males and watching our small Bantam hen, I know they disapprove of him coming into garden, think that maybe because he tries to fight with ours.

Hope they haven't done damage as the blood isn't thiers definately I'll have to have a good look round tomorrow, it's gone now and far too dark
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
You may have a point, Pat's just said the same. Strange though as they don't usually go for cats...
I'd have said a fox! By the hen run, this time of night... and isn't it funny how almost all dogs seem to be born with a natural antipathy to foxes.

But there again, if the puncture wounds are small, more likely a cat. But it must have been loitering with intent
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 11:01 PM
you probably wouldnt find it,they run even if they have broken legs(not that it has)heightened flight and adrenaline!
should of left the chooks alones eh!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Glad the dogs are all OK.....They were only protecting their property x
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Blimey, never a dull moment where you are! Hope the dogs are ok, could have been either a fox or cat, mine are fine with cats living with 6 of them and fine with other cats on our property but one the local bully boy cat who has attacked our cats its as if the dogs know they go mad when they see him.
metmet
New Member!
Female 

25-07-2009, 12:03 AM
im glad your dogs are ok !:
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Blimey, never a dull moment where you are! Hope the dogs are ok, could have been either a fox or cat, mine are fine with cats living with 6 of them and fine with other cats on our property but one the local bully boy cat who has attacked our cats its as if the dogs know they go mad when they see him.
my old lurcher, who lived with various cats over the years and loved them all, was the same with our local reprobate.
this cat (entire tom, well done responsible owners!) has actually raped my little tortie girl. leo would go bonkers whenever he saw this cat, almost like he knew. sadly leo has crossed the bridge now and that cat is still terrorising the neighbourhood.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >