Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by PurpleJackdaw
I watched it ,at first I thought it would be quite strange after seeing the ads for the progamme ,but actually the people were not that strange after all ,but I did find the 8ish year old still breast feeding quite odd
I breast fed mine - Amy till she was about 1 and Duncan till he was about 3/4 months old ,its so much easier than messing about with bottles etc. and its healthy for mum and baby and helps lose some of the weight you put on while pregnant too
...when B/F you also get tiny little 'contractions' that help to get your tummy back in shap. I found B/F a very rewarding experience, glad I was not born a man, they miss out on lot of things .....
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I thought it was disgusting to see an 8 year old child going on about breastfeeding - it was totally sick in my opinion
i completely agree foxy,, i couldnt watch it as it really did make me feel ill and embarassed

i myself dont breastfeed as its just not for me,, and thats my choice, my boobs are too big to breastfeed anyways poor baby would end up suffocating

breastfedding is fine and i dont think mothers who choose to do it in public should be shunned, that is their choice and at the end of the day its natural,, but breastfeeding a child who can talk, has a full set of teeth and can help him/herself im sorry but thats just not right

eeeeeew makes me feel ill
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
That's true enough. I know they were trying to make a point by paying at the checkout of a supermarket with a baby stuck to their breast but it was a bit in your face - I don't have a problem with it in cafes, park benches etc. It is the natural way of doing it and I've never really seen it done indiscreetly.

It is sad that women worry about how they will look afterwards and so feel they don't want to do it. Is there a huge change afterwards?
I had my son when I was 18 and fed him 'till he was about 18months, and I know i'm only 21 now but my boobs have went pretty much back to normal...( aside from a few faint strech marks...)
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 04:00 PM
wow yes , call me old fashioned or even a prude , but i think those girls of 7/9 years old looked indecent feeding from their mother and they seemed to be breast obessed, seeming to believe that their mothers breasts were their own property and the spanish lady who adopted the chinese child , im sure with best intentions seemed hell bent on getting that child to feed to be honest i found the whole thing shocking ,but i must say that i really like to see a new baby being breast fed ,for me that is the only time it seems natural , and i would imagine its pretty painful once the babe starts cutting teeth
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Nothing wrong with being obsessed with boobs...but your mommas is where you draw the line...LOL
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5