Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Exactly what I thought Random, just makes me think 'Bitty'. Bit weird I think IMO
I went one better and thought 'nana bitty!'

18 months is plenty in my opinion. You sure as hell wouldn't see a bitch letting pups hang around the milk bar until they were bigger than she was!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Ok how weird was that programme, me and my sister were talking after it and those older kids will be messed up, they are totally fascinated with breasts.
AS for the woman who adopted the chinese kid - she was obsessed!!!! if it dont want it LEAVE IT!!!!!

I was breastfed till 2 as were my bro and sis, but you have to stop at some time!

I think its wrong to look down on women who breastfeed in public, if you dont like it dont look!

The problem is breast are seen as more of a sexual object than a nurtuting object so some women are more concerned about how they will look afterwards!

alex
xx
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 09:22 AM
I was glued all the way through the programme. That kid who was coming on eight and acting like a spoiled brat needed a good slap! See the end when the two girls where playing with bras etc
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 09:47 AM
I missed it! Wanted to see it as well, I would definately brestfeed my own if I could but dont think its neccessary past weaning onto solids if not before then. You wouldnt carry on feeding them baby food when they were capable of eating solids! I think it is very confusing to older children to still be being breast fed. I know in some cultures it is common to breast feed for alot longer.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 10:08 AM
it appeared to me that many of the kids were using the boob as a crutch - like the twins didnt have a routine as whnever they had a tantrum she just whipped her boobs out,

I do beleive in breastfeeding but for me once they have teeth they aint coming anywhere near me !

What about that woman with the 8 yrd ols hubby - saying it was his turn on the boob - I was nearly sick !
they were far too obsessed with it ! The 8 yr old needed a good talking to as she was spoilt rotten.

Can you imagine if you found out your boyfriend was breastfed until 10 or something - you would be a bit worried about why he was going out with you - especially if you had big boobs !!LOL
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 10:26 AM
It was definately a controversial programme. I don't think there's anything wrong with breastfeeding in public though. You know what kids are likey, if they want fed, they want it now!

Like Dani says, anything with teeth wouldn't get near my pups, that's for sure OOOOuCH!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog
What about that woman with the 8 yrd ols hubby - saying it was his turn on the boob - I was nearly sick !
Ew! When she said she had a kid on one and her hubby on the other - I can't get the image out of my head, especially now I remember what they look like.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
I think its wrong to look down on women who breastfeed in public, if you dont like it dont look!

The problem is breast are seen as more of a sexual object than a nurtuting object so some women are more concerned about how they will look afterwards!
That's true enough. I know they were trying to make a point by paying at the checkout of a supermarket with a baby stuck to their breast but it was a bit in your face - I don't have a problem with it in cafes, park benches etc. It is the natural way of doing it and I've never really seen it done indiscreetly.

It is sad that women worry about how they will look afterwards and so feel they don't want to do it. Is there a huge change afterwards?
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog
!!LOL
LOL my OH was outraged and called him a dirty BXXXXXXXX
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 11:21 AM
I watched the program and thought it was great. I have no problem with breast feeding and think 2 is the limit. My mums friend breast fed her first till she was 6 months and is currently breastfeeding her baby who is 3 weeks- he will be breast fed until 6 months also.

I dont have a problem with it happening in public, but i no otherp eople do, when we go out we just find a quiet corner, and sometimes just drape a cloth thing round the baby and her.

I think it was a bit pathetic making a point of it because no one really minds if you dont advertise the fact!!! and as for the husband and the 8 year old :smt078 :smt075
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >