View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 03:46 PM

Anyone watching....Extraordinary Breastfeeding - Tonight C4 @ 9pm?

Speel says:::
Everyone knows that breast is best, but for how long? The World Health Organisation recommends that all children are breastfed until at least two years. In Britain we think that's downright weird. But this forthright, revealing and heart-warming film meets a group of women who believe in continuing to breastfeed for as long as their children want.

Should be interesting
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 03:49 PM
i watched a clip of it the other night when they were advertising the programme thought it was a bit odd that mother still breast feeing a junior child but will watch it tonight
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
i watched a clip of it the other night when they were advertising the programme thought it was a bit odd that mother still breast feeing a junior child but will watch it tonight
Yeah me too. but, each to their own and never having had a child, I guess I'm not qualified to pass judgement on anyone Should be an interesting programme though.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 03:57 PM
oh deffinately i couldnt breastfeed gareth cos he was put straight into intensive care would of like to but thats life i think its lovely seeing babys breastfed
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I know it's good for the baby etc. That's a shame you couldn't If I ever had froglets then I would - well, providing it wasn't too painful Saying that, when I was pregnant, they were soooooooooo sore that the thought of feeding would certainly never enter my head

My mate did it with her first one and she said it was easy but I've heard other stories.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I remember a programme with a news reader think her name was Pamela Armstrong and she was still breast feeding her child at 4 or 5 years of age. She was telling the story how she would be sitting having a coffee with friends, the child would barge in lift her shirt and start feeding. Can you imagine being her friend?? A real conversation halter!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 04:02 PM
oh dear I wouldn't know where to look
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 04:02 PM
if i did have the chance to i would of done up till the time they can go on to formula the next stage of milk
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I'll be at ringcraft But will catch the last half maybe I really wanted to see it tho aswell, i'm actually a breastfeeding peer supporter (help when things go wrong! lol) so it should be really interesting.

I fed mine 'till 18months but only because he was a pain in the ass to wean off! I wanted to feed him untill 12 months and it took the extra 6 month to get him off altogether

But the mums feeding the older kids, when it stops benefitting the child why carry on.....? Bit wierd I thought....
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
I remember a programme with a news reader think her name was Pamela Armstrong and she was still breast feeding her child at 4 or 5 years of age. She was telling the story how she would be sitting having a coffee with friends, the child would barge in lift her shirt and start feeding. Can you imagine being her friend?? A real conversation halter!
Like little Britain...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »