register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: do you let your dog on the furniture?
yes 55 61.80%
no 24 26.97%
i sneak them on when OH isnt looking 7 7.87%
dont have any furniture 0 0%
who else is stuck in work and is bored 3 3.37%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Okay - I answered no ... but ... Loki sneaks on and we have this on-off tussle all evening and I kind of, erm, let him on the bed when OH isn't here
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 08:03 PM
They are both allowed on the sofa, but only Tia actually stays there. Pip will get up, sit upright for a minute, then get off again and go on his bean bag. Neither of them sleep on our bed. Tia sleeps on the half landing and Pip sleeps outside my bedrrom, although all the dors are left open. When hubby gets in they go to their own bed in the kitchen, only so they don't wake him in the morning barking at the milkman.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Jake says "You mean people are supposed to sit on the furniture? "

I voted the bored & at work bit. Although I have got stuff to do...
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 08:54 PM
I voted no, but they do get up occasionally. I know for a fact Rio sleeps on my leather sofa on a night, I don't mind that so much as the hairs just wipe off, but she always makes sure she snuggles up on my cushions so if I remember I take them off as she is ruining them

Mitch
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by katyb
oh i have voted and as i said hubby says no but me and max ignore him cos hes smelly
As good a reason as any!!!

Mine go where they like, there are three of them, and lifes too short!!!!!!!
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by mitch
I voted no, but they do get up occasionally. I know for a fact Rio sleeps on my leather sofa on a night, I don't mind that so much as the hairs just wipe off, but she always makes sure she snuggles up on my cushions so if I remember I take them off as she is ruining them

Mitch
Mitch. my Spaniel sleeps on my leather one rather than the fabric one, wonder why?? Is it warmer or do you think they know its more expensive?
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 09:16 PM
My lad has to have comfort he lays on our 11 year old leather sofa... that cost us at the time £3000
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:17 PM
yep - voted yes - Bruno owns the furniture and as lots of photographic evidence has proven - even with a cream coloured sofa he is still allowed up !!!!

bed is his and am ashamed to say that on a cold night he can be found between the sheet and the duvet at bottom of bed on his back snoring his head off !

His bed is "on show" so that we can pretend that he is a very obedient dog who does everything we say """ LOL LOL ""

He has also taken a rather special liking to a cheap cushion that i bought - its kinda hairy and he likes to errmm attach himself to it - so we tend to remove that one when we have guests just in case he decides he wants to mate it !!!! LOL

Also - he will not lie on a wooden floor so has to be provided with .... his own rug when visiting my mums as she has wood floors throughout the house - and she bought him a rug from Ikea just for him !!! Now who is worse me or my mum !!!!

dani
dani
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:33 PM
I gave up trying to keep them off a long time ago. :smt102

How can I enforce it when the kids and the OH always allow them, encourage even, to get up and snuggle.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 06:47 AM
yep all 4 dogs go on the seats leather suite included and the bed if you want the best seat in the house you have to move a dog
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >