register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you on Broadband or Dial up?
Broadband 59 86.76%
Dial-Up 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 04:48 AM
Broadband. Dial up was driving me crazy so I gave that up a few years ago. I could never go back at this point
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lel and Wolfie
AOL Broadband would never go back to ordinary narrowband
Lol, now try a proper Broadband supplier! (LOL everyone hates AoHELL!) (and they're still blocking our emails?!)
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 12:33 PM
AOl!!! I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 12:34 PM
i only ever hear bad things about aol whats wrong with them or is this just discrimination lol
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 12:39 PM
We put their trial disc in and found it was useless, we went to remove it from our system but u can't remove it from your hard drive and it completely naffed our computer.

We took it to a computer shop and somehow they managed to narrow it down to the AOL as being our problem.

I've got wanadoo and they are brilliant.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 12:44 PM
ooh bad aol!!! hubby hates them but never asked him why
Robert
Dogsey Senior

14-09-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm not bothered about missing phone calls, they usually only want to sell me something any way, if its important they'll phone back.

I also like it when people say "we've been trying to get hold of you, you must have been on the internet AGAIN!" these are the same people who know my mobile number, but are too tight to call it.

I only answer the phone when I want to anyway, just because it rings it doesn't have to be picked up, its not a baby crying you know

So all in all, I'm not that bothered about broadband, when it does eventually come here, I don't think I'll get it anyway.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 03:02 PM
i have to pick up the phone cos i am too nosey!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm on Dial-up :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 and I hate it cos it keeps cutting me off and saying I have an incoming call :smt102
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Robert
I'm not bothered about missing phone calls, they usually only want to sell me something any way, if its important they'll phone back.

I also like it when people say "we've been trying to get hold of you, you must have been on the internet AGAIN!" these are the same people who know my mobile number, but are too tight to call it.

I only answer the phone when I want to anyway, just because it rings it doesn't have to be picked up, its not a baby crying you know

So all in all, I'm not that bothered about broadband, when it does eventually come here, I don't think I'll get it anyway.
Yes I quite agree Robert I only answer the phone when I know who it is and if a number I don't know comes through I don't answer and it goes on the answering machine (1571)

Anyway they are lucky if they can get through anyway cos I am on here nearly all day.

I also don't answer the door unless its someone I know, much to the annoyance of some
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >