Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2023, 04:59 PM
Good evening.

Back to normal for us today thank heavens. I like my usual routine especially when the weather is fairly mild like today

We don't buy each other gifts. Haven't for a long, long time. Initially, it was because we needed the money to buy for the kids. These days we prefer to spend money when we need something rather than buying for the sake of buying

How old is Brewster now Lynn? I seem to remember that he's a little younger than Ted. Ted has now mostly settled. Walks past dogs fine and is a dream at home. The one thing that we are still struggling with is his redirecting bites onto me when he's on my knee when we are out. It's happening less and less, but there's no pattern to it and no trigger. It comes out of the blue. A work in progress
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2023, 05:17 PM
Chris he is 8 months old on the 28th.
This is mostly what we need to do with Gorden as he is worse than him than anyone else.
The rest of us seem to be able to tell him to sit, wait and he does not immediately but it works after a minute or so.
I can't work out what the trigger is with Gorden we know it's playfulness and he gets over excited but why it's worse with him not sure.

He leapt at me when I came in from the cabin earlier and caught my elbow the trigger was I had a towel tucked under my arm and he leapt for that and got me instead.

I think sometimes he just gets a little ramped up and doesn't know how to settle I guess it's a learning curve for all of us and every dog is different.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2023, 05:54 PM
Ted is 9 and a half months. Thankfully, it only happens outdoors when he's on my knee on the scooter. A management fix would be not to have him on my knee but there are certain areas that he has to come up and times when he's tired or cold and he asks to come up. It's getting less and less now, but it's been a pain to get him this far (literally)

Keep the faith Lynn. You'll get him there. They are still young with time on their side to get them through it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2023, 05:58 PM
Our situation is similar to yours in as much as ours is doorways where yours is Ted needing to come up on the scooter at times.
Like you we have no other way of getting round it so we have to try and work through it.

The cbd capsules take the edge off making the training easier as he is more in the take it in state of mind rather than so hyped he takes nothing in.
The cbd will also helps if his hip is stiff and slightly sore so two birds one stone.

As you say Chris it will pass we now have the adolescent stage to navigate.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2023, 06:16 PM
TW Sorry about the confusion on the present front the way you wrote it Barry was as if "you" were the only one without a present. But now it all makes sense.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2