Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2023, 08:56 AM

Boxing Day Tuesday 26th December 2023

Morning all. Sorry I rushed off last evening but Emmerdale was coming on. And that was a surprise with what happened. Barry why didn't you get pressies? Seems a shame that you didn't.
Have a good day everyone. It's nice out, just right to walk off those pounds that I have put on by eating to much. New Year Resolution, eat less and walk more.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2023, 09:16 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to follow.

Have a great day it looks like the weather is going to be mild and as per my want I will add washing to my line, to blow on such a nice day.

Not up to much today. a midday walk I think some friends are bound to be pottering around a proper orgainsed one with a group I belong to/met tomorrow but as I am at work in the mornng I will be rush rush rush but worth it me thinks to blow the cobwebs away.

Brenda Hope you had a lovely day. Alos I like your new plan less arm lifting, more leg lifting.

Tw I wonder why no presents maybe there is a plan behind the thought. Can't see no one would get you anything.

Have a good day all off I go, catch you all later.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2023, 09:42 AM
Morning all
Lol....I am not even bothered with my weight anymore, the drug regime I am on has stuck loads on me but I am past the point of caring now.
Barry, I hope you do really get a present.
I didn't give anything to my dad ...I had bought stuff and gave it to my mum as she had presents for him, he didn't get her anything as he never does....I have to buy stuff for him. Steve and I got her a new phone for Christmas and she just had some small presents from us.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2023, 10:56 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you have a good day today Brenda

Enjoy your walks Kazz and don't work too hard.

Hope you manage a peaceful day metered Kelly and mum likes her new phone and other bits.

We don't give presents to each other as rather buy what we want during the year. Barry is difficult to buy for anyway unless it is camera euipement and I refuse to buy any more of that. Ben doesn't really have any cash to spare so will forgive him and Paul will treat us to things during the year. With our sisters we tended to. swap cheques so whats the point might s well use our money on something we want during the years well.

Busy day for me yesterday as all the family eventually got here for lunch - two car journeys for Ben, but nobody thought to get one lot here an hour earlier than the other so eventually by the Tim everyone was here the lunch was overcooked. I was not a happy bunny. The rest of day saw me getting drinks and food while they all sat there and `I expect it will be the same today as they will be here for lunch and the afternoon. This time I have told Ben I will go over and pick two up so we all get here together and again I will take two home tonight. I am looking forward to tomorrow for a rest. Think I might suggest we go over there for New Year's Day for the afternoon and they can waite on me

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2023, 11:00 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz, griff and all to follow.
Well yesterday was not nearly as stressful as I thought it would be with Brewster. I bought some different cbd and in capsules and we dosed the max amount he is allowed over the day and it calmed him right down.
He had to stay on the lead indoors and Freya until the evening was reluctant to walk to anyone she had to be carried even though we kept a distance.
With Joel's help showing her he was not a nasty boy just an excitable boy and he fed him treats she became more confident walking across the room with the distance and into the kitchen with me to give me cuddles.
We had lunch in the cabin and had to take his lead off and he decided he would lie indoors like Dillon used to with the door open and his head sticking out. We are hoping that has made a good inroad to leaving him for short periods to build up him getting used to us going out sometimes.
Everybody managed to get in and out to the toilet with him being free but he did start bouncing at Lauren as she came through from the bathroom so Gorden rescued her and she was fine.
We did get some jumper pulling while he was on the lead and Gorden had him the same as he does without the lead with Gorden pulling and mouthing hard on his arm.
The boys he has been better with listened to them and no nonsense, Gorden has woken up this morning determined to work things out.
When Brewster grabs his jumper he will sit or stand stock still till Brewster learns it is not a game.
We will keep him on the cbd to keep him calm while e go back to basics with his training and hopefully he starts to learn how to become a normal dog after all the set backs.
Next year (not far away now) and some off lead time hopefully we will start to put all this behind us ).
We all had a lovely day better than I thought.

brenda I am sure no one minded you rushing off to see Emmerdale. I'm hoping for us more walking less sitting around now Brewster is able to exercise more.
Kazz sounds like a nice plan for today.
griff. The first Christmas of the horrible situation is over maybe and hoping next year will be easier for you all.
Sounds like Ted had a nice first Christmas Chris.

Skimming through yesterday's post it sounds like you all had a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Sue we don't buy for each other anymore either like you we do not really need anything and if we do we buy through the year.
When we bought the caravan that was all our Birthday and Christmas presents we agreed.
The children bought us lovely gifts but we wish they wouldn't life is so expensive these days.

I had a busy day but yours sounds far too busy and I did get a lot of help from the boys as Gorden was in charge of Brewster all day.
Roll on tomorrow for you Sue.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2023, 11:54 AM
there is a reason why Sue and I don't give each other pressies. That is we would rather put the money towards a decent fly/cruise holiday later on in the year. Hence we can afford this year to fly to Portugal and cruise up the Douro River with all expenses paid. That includes a VIP pick up from home to heathrow and same on the return. money already saved for

so far we have been to the USA x twice -Denmark- Russia- Brazil x 2 -Argentina- Egypt - Sicily- greek islands- norway x2- faro isles- Iceland- many Caribbean islands- china- japan -germany - spain- many baltic countries such as latvia - brittany- Tunisia just to name a few off the top of my head. I could have named each carribean country or/and the baltic ones- around the med sea countries twice but the list would even be longer.

is it worth the sacrifice of giving each other Christmas/ birthday pressies? what do you think
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Sue, sit your bum on the sofa and tell one of the kids to go get you a drink or some biscuits etc. You should not be waiting on them hand and foot, I had to from a very young age make my nan and her visitors tea.....and in a bloody pot too! No teabags in a cup! If.mum cooks, one of us washed up, even given the bad atmosphere, dad washed up. I think if you do Christmas day at your house, it should be boxing day at his or vice versa, you shouldn't have to do both.
Barry, the way it was written, I felt you were upset you hadn't got a present...hence me saying I hope you got something, if it is an arrangement that works for you both then that's fine and especially if you are at the point where you have everything you want... better to have a really nice holiday and a definite break for Sue.
Lynn, sounds like Brewster did really well, he is a good lad! Gorden just needs to be really firm with him concerning the mouthing and jumper pulling.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2023, 03:49 PM
He is beginning to griff he is learning the trigger and not making such a fuss about pulling away and storming off.
It only took me this long to get through and seeing how Michael, Mark and Joel dealt with it.
What would I know I have only trained 3 large breeds we have owned.
If it takes the cbd capsules to take the edge off for a while then I am all for that.
He is off lead today and in the garden and when he comes are playing with him for a bit till he settles again.
Michael has dealt really well with him especially when he has been over the top.
Michael and I went for a stroll together earlier and had a coffee on the way back and he said to be honest he is not as bad as I thought he would be.
That's very reassuring.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2023, 04:19 PM
Sometimes when you are with them all the time Lynn, the problem seems more intense an outsider sees things differently. When I had Kota in the beginning...god, it was dreadful, I met my trainer/ behaviourist and she just wasn't phased at all and she was like a different dog when we followed what we were taught.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >