Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2023, 07:55 AM

Tantor the Elephant Tuesday 19th December 2023

Morning everyone. Well just for you Sue on the 19th day of Christmas the elephants arrived, one called Tantor, he was named by Tarzan. Then of course Dumbo had to come along as well, also Colonel Hathi. Hope you like them Sue. It is raining here, just for a change. Hope it stops when Tesco comes. Have a good day everyone and keep breathing.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2023, 10:40 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Thank you thank you for the elephants I will be along shortly to see them. Hope the Tesco order arrives in the dry

Yep raining here too. Done the morning school run and back again this afternoon. Tomorrow Ben gets his new car and the old one will be collected too so a happy day. I will also get my car back just got to work out the logistics of that.

Take care everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2023, 11:26 AM
Just show your entry ticket and say your name is Jane.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2023, 12:19 PM
Afternoon all
Going to drop my uncles Christmas presents off today, will need to get a taxi, they aren't heavy but very awkward.
Have to try and get the turkey thing mum wants, she had one at Tesco in her order but it's now not available...good job she checked!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2023, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon brenda, Sue, griff and all who follow.
Wet wet wet here.
I am not long back from Sainsbury's I thought I would pop along there to do some shopping as I had a £9 coupon off £90. Plus £2.50 on my nectar card.
Well I rarely shop in Sainsbury and I remember each time why it is so expensive the veggies left a lot to be desired so it was rooting around for the best and they do not stock some of the brands I like.
Forget to take my £10 clubcard vouchers with me and to be honest by the time I finished I had lost the will to live.
So more expensive but it's done now.
Brewster gets very excited when either of us come home so I am sporting a nice little bruise on the top of my thigh that is still smarting as he nips when you turn your back on him to stop him jumping. His breed is used for herding and his herding instinct is very strong it seems with the nipping.
I will need to keep something that smells nasty and waft it under his nose in future till he learns his manners.

Enjoy the elephants Sue, I might join you in visiting them
I bet you can't wait for Ben's car to arrive. I hope you can sort the logistics out satisfactorily.
griff that's not very good when you've ordered something then it's unavailable.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2023, 02:54 PM
Don't want to rub it in. Sorry Lynn. But all my shopping came and is now safely in the fridge and freezer. Just a little bit to get by the weekend and that's me done. Off out tomorrow for Christmas lunch at the Miller and Carter.
But I will check on the Manor before I go as have another arrival coming. Lynn if you visit just show them the ticket and say you are Mowglis girlfriend. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2023, 03:09 PM
Thank you brenda I shall indeed say I am his girlfriend, I hope they don't look too closely otherwise they will see I am old enough to be Mowgli's Grandmother.

Glad your shopping has arrived I had considered an online shop but I needed to check the use by dates on the cheese I needed them to be beyond the 28th/29th which is when Michael goes to London then home.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2023, 05:47 PM
Good evening all.

Yukki day here so breakfast in town, call at Tesco (and many of the shelves with the stuff I wanted were bare) and then a call at Gary's

For some reason, Ted started really screaming in the car for a good 30 seconds or so. I've checked him everywhere, but can't find anything wrong. The only thing I can think is that perhaps his hair trapped on the velcro fastening of his coat. Needless to say, I will be keeping a very careful eye on him, but I think that whatever it was, is cleared now although it could be those retained canine milk teeth I suppose. A trip to the vets after Christmas me thinks to arrange to have them removed
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2023, 06:11 PM
Prezzies delivered to my uncle who tried to give me £40 for me and my mum...bless him, I refused it.
Got the turkey thing which isn't right apparently even though it is the one she showed me lol.
Changed my blood appointment for an earlier time as I have soooo much stuff to do.
Lynn, we just teach ours to sit and get a treat and then it takes the mentalness away.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2023, 06:23 PM
Oooh Chris I wonder what that was about, your theory on the velcro and hair sounds feasible.
griff glad you got the presents delivered and a lovely thought from your uncle.

Oh dear I guess nothing is right for mum at the moment, maybe having a worse day than usual. You have the turkey thing though even if mum thinks it's the wrong thing.

Yep we work on that but he just gets so excited nothing goes in.
We will get there we are coming along slowly but surely.
Gorden is doing very well at ignoring him when he leaps at him grabs his arm, grabs his jumper and nips his bum while he tries to remove himself into the kitchen.
Brewster is never far behind him.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >