Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2023, 07:08 AM

Silverback Sunday 17th December 2023

Morning all. Yep at last on the 17th day of Christmas my Silverback Gorilla has arrived. Wow he is lovely. Well one can dream in this magical kingdom called Manorland. The animals are all getting along very well. Which is good. I watched Fantastic Beasts last evening and then the Voice. The last singer was amazing. Anyway I hope you all have a good day and don't get to bogged down if doing the last bits of Christmas shopping.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2023, 09:53 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
A very cold wind but dry.
We don't want to speak too soon but it seems we might have found the tool to help with Brewsters walking and one of us only walking him if needed.
A harness with a front d ring. We clip the lead to the chest ring and the other end to his martingale collar.
2 walks one yesterday afternoon and we both managed to walk him without another lead and felt safe, even when he does have a spurt.
Not long back from a morning walk and Gorden took him on the way out with me following and I walked him back, he is always in a hurry on the way back but it's manageable.
We took him further today The hip seems to be holding up he gets stiff and needs a rest or two on the way back but I'm not sure I know many Bernese who don't.
Fingers crossed we have found a solution.
I have a few more ornaments to put on the tree (indoors) and I hope to make the sausage rolls and mince pies today.

brenda such majestic beasts Gorillas especially the silver back.
Manorland sounds like a magical place to be.
griff I understand your frustration about the rats and your neighbour not taking responsibility.
Our problem was partly our house holes where things like the boiler had been run into the house not being filled in properly and our neighbours one side not realising they had them in the loft and being one cottage slit into 3 they were able to get between the walls and access at least theirs and our house.
Once they realised they had a problem they dealt with it.
Fingers crossed you manage to get the problem sorted.
Chris I hope you enjoyed breakfast again today.
Sue busy day everyone round for lunch ? You will be ready for your break.
Kazz whatever you are doing enjoy the day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2023, 10:38 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

How lovely to get a Sidlverback Brenda they are such majestic creatures. Pity we don't have a day beginning with E as would love some elephants such gentle giants.

Well done on finding a solution to walking Brewster Lynn. Happy mince pie and sausage roll making.

Lovely and sunny here today. Treazle walked and bit of gardening done as bin goes out tomorrow. I too have made some mince pies. All quiet on the western front today as not expecting anyone to come. Just realised they finish school on Thursday so Friday I will be able to get into Tesco early for the last bits and pieces.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2023, 10:55 AM
Sue they are coming on Tuesday. All will be revealed then. You will all be surprised.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2023, 12:11 PM
Good afternoon all.

We did enjoy our breakfast, but blooming heck, that wind had ice in it. We went to a different cafe today. It is still in Chapel but the other side and a little bit awkward to get to on the scooters, but we got there and back. Hopefully. the wind won't blow too hard now up to Christmas so the prom keeps fairly clear of sand. One day of extra blow and the sand will be back and it will be impassable for us.

The last of the Harry Potter films to watch and the last in the series of the Crown for us today so a pleasant, TV viewing day for us
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2023, 12:59 PM
Lynn, I use double ended lead and harness with front d ring, as you know, I took both of mine to training for years but my trainer was a ttouch practitioner ( fascinating that is) and she always had her clients put the dog in a harness and double ended lead as it's something to do with their balance, the front section of lead is to slow down the pulling and the back to speed up. I only have one hand free so I can't use it the same as most people but I can manage to walk both of mine in one hand if needed. There's also a thing called a freedom handle ( I think that's it's name) it's just a handle on a metal ring that slides over the lead and it means you can just use one hand if needed.
My dad has scurried off to meet up with his skanky family....I have told him not to mention me to any of them, mind, he hasn't a clue what's going on in my life anyway! I am disgusted as they are meeting at my grandads ( mums dad) club, where we had my nan and grandads wake and mum and dad had their wedding reception....and he is taking that lot there! Really rubbing sh*t into the wound.
Hoping my Amazon delivery arrives soon as I want to charge my camera up and see if I can see the access points and try to come up with a plan of action
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2023, 01:09 PM
Sue enjoy your hopefully quiet day.
Chris fingers crossed the wind behaves and doesn't cause the prom to be covered in sand.
I was surprised griff that the harness we put Brewster in which was Dillon's didn't have a chest ring. I had for them Ollie and Dillon when training, and then I realised when I bought Dillon's last harness he didn't pull he happily trotted alongside.
This new harness is proving better and yes they do even the weight out better for walking and thinking about it he shouldn't be putting unwanted strain on the shoulders especially the right one.
Hopefully a win win.

No sausage rolls or mince pies made yet having a tidy up in the kitchen might get round to it later, Gorden is tidying the cabin. We went against the rule and let Brester into the garden he has been sensible under our watchful eyes and is now more settled (for how long not sure) by the patio door indoors.
Maybe with walks and a bit more freedom in the garden he will begin to behave better inside.

Not good your dads choice of venue griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2023, 01:33 PM
Mum does sausage rolls Lynn but buys the mince pies, I don't eat either item but apparently her sausage rolls are lovely. She's making him a Christmas dinner and I have to sit in the same room as him....I am praying for COVID lol. She's doing dinner for Steve and I and said she's not that mean to not do him one. ....I bloody am lol. I will talk to him about the house but that is all, I have been left to deal with the rat problem and only mentioned it because I don't want him commenting after the event.....if he is told and doesn't help, he can't say anything afterwards.
Yeah Lynn, I thought it was a bit sh*try, his family are all the same, take take take, they used to go to the legion but that closed down, none of them ever used it except dad and I .. until Christmas, then they wanted to go in for somewhere to meet, now doing the same at grandads club....I bet you he has paid for food to be done and not one will pay a penny....same as always....well it's his money and a bit less for the slapper to spend
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2023, 01:53 PM
I think I would cook him dinner and he could eat in another room.

All these things are hard and cause rifts that usually cannot be healed. I know from experience with Gorden's dad and his relationship or non relationship.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2023, 02:41 PM
I give up with her...I really do. I stand in the same room as him and say nothing at all to him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >