Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2023, 07:56 AM

Tanager/Tenrec Thursday 14th December 2023

Morning all. On the 14th day of Christmas I have been sent some Tanagers, very pretty birds and also some Tenrec's. A bit like hedgehogs. Useful to eat slugs. My menagerie is getting larger so have bought more land. I am seriously losing the plot. Get it?
Hope you all had a good day yesterday. Sounds like the dawgies are behaving themselves. Yep Santa Paws is coming.
Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2023, 09:31 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Lovely birds will brighten the trees. Hope the lions don't eat the tenrecs. Good luck with the purchase of more land

Dull here this morning but at leat it was dry when I took Teazle out as it is now beginning to rain. Not on duty this morning but again this afternoon. Hopefully Ben's new car comes today.

Take care everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2023, 10:00 AM
Good morning all not a full shift today as also doing Sat morning. So feedem is now on my horizon. Not sure what I will do but maybe a potter around somewhere.

Brenda Hope the land purchase goes though quicky as not surewe what will arrive by tomorrow Foxes? Ferrets or Fire salamanders or even.

Sue Good mornign do ou prefer being on duty frst thing and then having the day to yourself or afternoons where you are seemingly "on hold" all day - well thats how I feel having an afternoon shift at work. Hopefully his car will arrive today, with his wife here as well it shuld cut down on your "travelling" a bit of down time.

Chris A breakfast at home who was the chef? Is today a tree raising day?

Lynn Have you got a tree ready to put up? Next year you too could be away wit your friends in the caravan at least for some of the the holiday time, bet Freya will adore that.

Griff The oil thing yesterday sounded gross Ughhhh rather you than me. Who was your underpaid letter from?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2023, 10:25 AM
Morning brenda, Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
Overcast but dry today.
Brewster has been a bit naughtier than the last two days but nothing compared to how he was. We can still up the drops to calm him if needed.
We tried something different with the lead today because if possible I would like to be able to walk him on Friday next week and Christmas Eve when on my own before Michael arrives.
He might be here to walk with me in the afternoon.
He does need one walk daily if possible.

He has two training leads one is a nice thick soft rope type the other the usual black soft type. Gorden put the harness on the lead and martingale then he attached the clip to a ring further up the lead and to the back ring on the harness shortening it considerably.
He walked beside mere than not and when he did pull ahead There was better control.
Gorden will try it this way afternoon.

Off shopping in a bit and tomorrow we will take Brewster to pick his food and do the butcher at the same time on the same complex.

brenda it all sounds lovely and noisy I would imagine.
Sue I hope the roads are kind this afternoon and everything crossed Ben's car arrives tomorrow.
Kazz enjoy your potter.
griff sooner you than me cleaning the deep fat fryer. Well done sorting it.
Chris I hope you got out for breakfast today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2023, 10:26 AM
Kazz I have two trees one for indoors and one for the cabin.
I will try to find the time and inspiration to decorate them.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Kazz enjoy your potter around and Lynn I hope this new lead arrangement continue toward

Kazz I prefe to do only afternoons as I cn get an extra hour in bed in the mornings Also I usually like to do anything round th house in the mornings and leave the afternoons to relax a little except during term time of course. Never mind soon be time to have a bit of break.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2023, 12:10 PM
Afternoon all
Kazz, I don't know...I paid the postage and it said delivery Friday, do they mark it so you know it's underpaid?? I am not going to be happy if it's anything to do with my dad's family or a catalogue...had that before wilth the legion.
The bin has been emptied so the jelly oil mixture has gone lol. It is rank and to be honest I rarely had chips done it the deep fat fryer and mum has finally come round to the airfryer so the deep fat fryer is in a black bag going to the tip Saturday! My new airfryer...the cheap £40 one that's supposed to be over £100.... it's here and it's so good!I have only turned it on to make sure it works but I am very pleased, registered the warranty which is extended to 3 years but at £40, if it lasts a couple of years it's worth it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2023, 09:22 PM
I think the postage fee may be something to do with my dad, I paid the money and he text my mum tonight saying that he is expecting a parcel and it could be coming tomorrow....must be it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2023, 09:23 PM
Good evening all

We got out this morning and stayed dry (if cold) Yay

Whenever we eat at home, Dave mostly does the cooking except when he's ill then it's my turn. It gives him an incentive to get better On saying that, I do cook Christmas dinner and everyone seems to enjoy it (or maybe they don't fancy doing the cooking at Christmas )

Ted has been a little star this afternoon. Had a guy in to do the heaters. A fair bit of banging, but Ted never muffed. I was shocked as he tends to bark at most things, but today he must have been trying hard to get on the 'nice' list

The bauble hooks arrived today so the new baubles on the tree and, though I say it myself, it looks lovely now

I love my air fryer Kelly. Wouldn't be without it. We did have a deep fat fryer at one point, but I couldn't do with how messy they are