Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2023, 07:54 AM

Meerkat Monday 11th December 2023

Morning everyone. On the 11th day of Christmas the meerkats have arrived and Alexander as usual is bossing every animal around. I really feel sorry for Sergei. It hasn't gone down well with some especially the sheepdog. And to cap it all Carl the wombat has brought in kangaroos. Huh he can go jump. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. I did end up being able to watch the programme Vigil eventually on tele even after I had watched it on the tablet. I will watch the next episode tonight I hope on tv. Mind you I just turned the tv on and yep it is mucking about again. So, it must be something to do with something around here during daylight hours? No idea and it doesn't really matter as these days I prefer to read. Even to the extent of not watching Corrie these days. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2023, 08:59 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
I hope alexander stops bossing Sergei around.
Gorden is with Freya today and I am wondering about chancing taking Brewster out on my own later.
I will let the comings and goings to and from school get out of the way.
If he seems too much I will turn around and come back.

Just the usual tidying today.

Kazz sounds like a lovely evening, glad you enjoyed it.
Chris I hope you enjoy your breakfast.
griff hoping things are getting easier at home.
Sue I hope if you're on duty that the roads aren't bad.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2023, 09:29 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn and all who follow

Hope Alexander soon learns that he cannot boss everyone around and don't let him try doing it to you

Hope you manage to walk Brewster without trouble Lynn.

Not on duty this morning but I have to go to Heathrow to pick up daughter in law and the youngest grandchild as Ben is unable to get time off. He has also managed to get a mum to pick Ana and Sarah up from school as neither of us will be around at that time. Just hope the world's largest carpark (M25) is not too congested. Maria is not at school as she has bad tonsillitis yet again.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2023, 09:55 AM
No chance of that Sue I crack the carrot not a whip. lol!! Just been to the post office and the queue was out the door so I went to Smiths instead and bought stamps. So much quicker. Now going to fiddle around with Tesco order for Wednesday. Hope your drive to Heathrow goes smoothly.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2023, 10:05 AM
Don't envy you the Heathrow run Sue. I hope the M25 behaves for you.

Good luck with the Tesco order brenda.

Well I braved it and took Brewster out.
He was very good waiting for me to lock the back door and unlock and shut the side gate, then it went from 0 to 100 once out of the front gate.
We only did the short walk and came back up the other side of the road so different smells then crossed back near home.
He was slower coming back till he knew he was near home then he sped up again.
I will have a think about doing the second walk, I might wait till tomorrow when Gorden is home and we can both have him and do two longer walks.
I need a coffee but he is lying at my feet.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2023, 01:32 PM
Afternoon all
Pleased you got to watch your program Brenda
Sue, really hope the airport run goes well
Lynn, hope you got your coffee and fingers crossed Brewster will be a bit calmer if you go out later
Not sure if anyone needs one but studio have 6l airfryers on offer at £40 plus delivery... just ordered one for here and one for Steve.....we already have the oven type but thought these would be good for chips
Mums met up with her friends for lunch, our mate who is getting divorced collected her and we have made sure that she has Christmas presents to open Christmas day as I don't think her kids will get her anything and he certainly won't....I am having rather murderous thoughts with regards that person!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2023, 04:04 PM
Good afternoon all

Had a lovely night last night really enjoyable. Todya have had to replace the battery lghts on the front garden acer only half working so rectified that today. Just waiting to switch them on I love these timers on the battery lights 6 hours on then off. Have swept the back garden and he bit of road in fron of my back gate last of the leaves.

Lynn You did the walk alone and are both back in one piece, a win win. He is getting better and your confidence is growing so soon this will all be a memory.

Griff Hope your Mom has enjoed her lunch out. Not an airfryer here but sounds very good value.

Sue Hope there were no isues with your daughter in law or youngest travelling and everyone is home safe and sound now. When does the new car arrive sounds like it will be needed ASAP

Brenda So are the kangeroos staying?

Chris Its been a nice day here so hope the same by you, and you have had a cracking day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2023, 07:14 PM
Good evening all

Lovely day here so really enjoyed our morning in town. We will be in town every day for the next few weeks until the cafe in the village re-opens. The owners have gone for a two month break in their touring caravan around southern Spain. Very inconsiderate of them

Ted loved his extra long walk with all it's new smells. He's not too keen on the beach though and much prefers the trees in the park where he left at least a couple of messages on each.

I'm hoping to get some new Christmas tree baubles tomorrow. Bought a 5ft tree last week as the three ft one we had just didn't cut it so, of course, we haven't got enough baubles as I gave the ones I had on the six ft tree we had many moons ago to my son. If I'd thought about it, I'd have gone and got them today while the weather is good. Fingers crossed we get two or three hours of dry weather tomorrow.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2023, 09:38 PM
Kazz, she had a lovely time thank you...paid for everyone and told them all her marriage had finished, the consensus is my dad's a b*stard lol.
Chris, I hope you find some baubles you like, I spent 2 hours in the range last year with Steve looking at baubles and he hasn't even bothered putting his tree up this year!