Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2023, 07:13 AM

Sheep-dog Sunday 10th December 2023

Morning all. Yep I am out very early with the sheep and dog that turned up to round up the wildebeest and others that have escaped, all because someone aka an elf forgot to shut the gate after santa had driven through with his sleigh. Anyway enough of my worries. Hope you all have a good day and that the sun shines at some point for you all. Just stop worrying and think of me out there trying to catch a flamingo.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2023, 10:29 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Have you and the dog rounded up all the escape artists yet brenda ?

Brewster had a good night he slept through till 5.30 and I got up at 4.30 for the loo. That normally has him awake and thinking someone is getting up to play.
Fingers crossed the walks are working.
Still some fly snapping but certainly getting less.

We walked a little further again today and the hip held up and he needed a rest not far from home and was a little/is a little stiff on the hip but no limping as such.
He heard a crow scarer in the distance hen out and that made him pull ahead and he was walking so nicely, so noises seem to upset him at the moment but I guess 8 weeks not being allowed to lie outside and hear the noises around him and in the distance is bound to make him a bit nervous.

Chris I hope you have had a nice breakfast out.
griff I hope your day is a nice one.
Sue Busy day or restful day ?
Kazz I hope you have a nice day also.

Weather is dry but I wouldn't be surprised if it rains later.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2023, 10:45 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn and al to follow

Hope al animals now safely back where they belong Brenda

Good to read that Brewster's hip seems to be improving. As you say little and often is the way to go. Hopefully by the time the good weather is with us and you want to use the caravan all this will be ut a memory.

Dry here at the moment. Teazle walked, a bit of leaf clearing done and veg prepared for lunch. I too am hoping for a more restful day. Yesterday afternoon was again spent chasing around car sites and ringing garages for information for Ben but hopefully he has now settled on one and will be able to get a good deal with them. Problem is all are a long distance from home so having to rely on videos and photos. The prices round here are stupid, 1/2 grand for the same car, year and mileage so north of Watford is where you have to go!

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2023, 10:52 AM
Lynn trying playing some noises on the internet if you can find a website that has some. That should help. I had to laugh years ago when I had a collie that would start up barking if she heard a fox in the garden so I played one to her on and off and that stopped the problem. Yep all animals back now where they belong at the Manor chomping on various food nuts. Raining now just for a change. lol!! But I did get two walks in. All be it the last one to the shop for wine for lunchtime.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2023, 11:04 AM
Car hunting really is becoming quite the quest isn't it Sue ? 2nd hand cars are so expensive now.
It's ridiculous the money and dealers expect for something that a year or two ago would of cost so much less.
Everything crossed for a restful day for you today.

I am so looking forward to the looking back on this episode and reminiscing confident it is well and truly in the background.

brenda glad you have everything back here it should be. You deserve that wine.
I could ask echo I am sure she could play some noises.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2023, 11:52 AM
Good morning all

Off out later for work/dept Christmas meal looking forward to a few people have dropped out one couple I kinda expected as Sharron only recently out of hospital after major surgery thought this might of been a step to far too soon. Another couple of people down with dreaded lurgy of sorts. So from 22 to 18 now. But still great fun to be had.

Brenda Are you thinkiong of trying out for one womaan and her flock?

Lynn He will soon get back ointo the noises situation as you are well placed with the caravan to introduce him to everything.

Sue Hope the cr situation is sorted and your car returned.

Chris How you have been rebuilt after breaking yourself. Awww Ted growing up he sounds a smasher.

Griff Suspect its raining by you as well now pouring down here, was dry this morning but now rain in spain.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2023, 12:42 PM
Enjoy your meal Kazz

Car situation sorted. He now has to wait for it to be transported down here. Very nice helpful people too sent all paperwork through by email so Ben could look at it properly before committing himself. He has bought. Nissan Quashqai. Unfortunately not the colour he would like but as I said at the end of the day you have to buy the best within your budget. It is not from a man dealer but they are Nissan approved and have service the car virtually from new so has a full Nissan service record. My dear car should be home soon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2023, 12:55 PM
Thanks Sue.

How nice to have your car back and I would think as a "Thank You" he will have it valeted as well. Win Win
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2023, 01:13 PM
Morning all
Yep Kazz, persistently raining!
Sue, pleased the car hunt is over!!
Lynn, diesel was terrible with fireworks, I did the cd thing but it made no odds, luckily this pair just bark and I give them a ball to chomp on and they are much better.
Brenda,.pleased all animals have been rounded up
Saw my consultant yesterday, ended up having to get a taxi because the bus went early. Anyway, my treatment is being tweaked, steroids upped and antibiotics added in...I will have to take them 3 times a week, I had them before when I was on IV chemo but they were stopped but he has suggested they be restarted.....I just said he is the boss and I will do what he says. I didn't get my blood tests printed off and luckily you can find them in the NHS app ( from the GP) my liver ones aren't right but he said he isn't too concerned yet....if they keep going up then we will need a chat! He asked for another result so I just gave him my phone....he was hilarious, he said he was just being nosy and going through all my stuff lol....just said that I say to my partner I don't have secrets, ue jas the passcode for my phone and can look anytime....it was the NHS stuff he was mooching through.......thank god as i forgot about some photos on my phone lol. All in all, it's not too bad, still not in remission, still can't get me on the NHS books so I am going to need to make a choice.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2023, 01:24 PM
Have a lovely time Kazz.
So pleased the car search is over Sue and your car will be returned.

Glad they have tweaked your medication griff. Fingers crossed it helps ease things for you.
Better still works miracles.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >