Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2023, 07:38 AM

Sea'Horse' Saturday 9th December 2023

Morning all. Hope you had a good day yesterday. This morning it is raining yet again so not a good time to introduce horses but the herd of seahorses are settling in well. See what I did there? Clever huh!! The rest of the menagerie are doing well with their various places of living. Have a good day everyone. Look out for another surprise tomorrow.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2023, 09:53 AM
Good Morning Brenda and all to follow on be it a foot or a seahorse back.LOL

Brenda Glad all is well at yours.

Opps just popping out back shortly people.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2023, 10:00 AM
Good morning Brenda. Sea horses perhaps you can treat them to a gallop on the beach

Hope you get what you went out for Kazz

Hope Brewster is doing ok Lynn

Keep safe Kelly

No doubt you have no ventured out on the scooters today Chris but hope you find somewhere dry for breakfast

Pouring here so madam is not a happy bunny. Mad a lasagna for lunch and shredded papers but not much else on the cards. Think I might put the Christmas tree up this afternoon.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2023, 11:42 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz, Sue and all to follow.
Raining here too well not right now but it did through the night and in the early hours.
Very wet underfoot though.
We decided to try Brewster without the brace and we walked the slightly longer distance again we did with the brace on.
His hip was much better a bit stiff but not limping, if we had gone further he possibly would have started limping but it seems slowly but surely is paying off.
Another walk later and we will see if he can manage the longer walk again in the other direction without the brace and see if the hip holds up.

I am upping the vit c again I put it down once the pasterns sorted, but I decided to look at my book from the vet in the 40's who swore by vitamins and minerals and the recommendation is higher doses of vit c, I am also increasing the vit e and have as suggested in his book bought a multivitamin tablet.
He will still be getting his glucosamine, msm,green lipped mussel and ultimate oil that contains all the essential fatty acids.

He is still young enough (hopefully) to kick this into a cocked hat.

brenda sea horses are amazing creatures.
Sue hope your day goes well and the rain stops.
griff hopes your day is going well.
Chris I hope you found somewhere dry for breakfast.
Kazz enjoy your day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2023, 01:00 PM
Good afternoon all

It's been throwing it down here all morning so the car came out to play today. Got soaked on the short 20 metre or so walk from the car to the cafe and was like a drowned rat on the way back. It was blooming cold as well. Poor Ted was drenched but he didn't care. He loves splashing in puddles and getting thoroughly soaked, but doesn't like it once we're home and he has to dry out

Sorting out the spare bedroom and hall cupboard this afternoon as both tend to get messy (think junk rooms )
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2023, 04:36 PM
Afternoon all

Yes thanks got what I went out for which was to drop my sister at boots to collecta prescription the shopping centre is bedlam at this time of year and a Sat, so dropped her she went in I circled all sorted. Heavy rin this morning but nice this afternoon.

Lynn Yes he is a baby really still so all the time in the World. Glad the walk went well.

Griff Hope all is going well with you.

Chris Ahhhh the exhuberance of youth when playing in puddles then the reality of being dragged from a puddle poor Ted LOL

Sue Hope your tree raising is going well.

I have just popped batteries into the christmas lights on the front garden acers to discover one lot does not work looks like MOnday I will eb asearching for blue and white battery lights. They have done well though been ouyt ehre a few years winter spring summer autumn.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2023, 05:26 PM
Lynn what is the name of the vet in your 40's book? I have one by Francis Hunter.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2023, 05:49 PM
Wendell O Bellfield.

Brewster became a bit stiff after resting and 2 walks and the 2nd one slightly longer like the 1st.
Gave him some arnica tincture and he seems to have loosened up a bit.
I think this is how it will be for a while.

We are now having Christmas day here as Lauren's mum will only get 11/2 with them so we have swapped days.
Mark and Lauren will go over there Boxing evening and have more time.

I will have to manage with a nutty dog preparing for Christmas day and Michael arriving.
Gorden will be Freya sitting Christmas eve.

Glad Ted enjoyed the puddles.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2023, 06:03 PM
Lynn ITS CHRISTMAS
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2023, 06:25 PM
I know Kazz and am wondering how I will cope with Christmas Eve ?

I can't let Brewster in the garden unattended yet not until the end of the month.
I would have had Gorden and Michael Christmas day to supervise Brewster.

Really not looking forward to Christmas this year. I am not doing the trees one indoors and one in the cabin, instead I have ordered two wooden hanging trees that will go on the wall one indoors and one in the cabin.

It will just be too much hassle and temptation for Brewster this year, we'll have to see how he is next year.
Never not had a tree up all our other dogs have been good around them.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >