Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2023, 08:15 AM

Walrus Wednesday 6th December 2023

Morning everyone. The sun is shining, yeah after a frosty start. Yep today on the 6th day of Christmas I was sent a walrus as a friend for the manatee. So now I have a very very large swimming pool in the mansion grounds. Fortunately the wilderbeest will not have to come for awhile as the grass has stopped growing now for the winter but if it does arrive then hay will have to be brought in. I am seriously losing it. lol!! Have a good day everyone. I am having a hair cut today. brr!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Wow a Walrus. Don't worry I lost it a while back.
Sunny here but frosty and slippery underfoot. We started to take Brewster out, got out of the gate and turned back to slippery and dangerous for him and us.
We feel really bad for him just as we can start getting him out and about we are getting more flipping frosty slippery days, we and him just can't get a break.
Off out for coffee later with Elaine.

griff I hope things are as good as can be for you.
Sue I hope the school run wasn't too treacherous.
Chris I hope Dave is continuing to recover and that you and Ted had a nice trip out.
Kazz I hope you have a good day.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2023, 10:00 AM
Lynn put socks over your footwear that stops the slipping. I have just got back from a lovely walk along the sea front. Now waiting for the hairdresser to come. Have a good day Lynn and everyone else.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2023, 10:05 AM
Good morning Brenda and you menagerie Good thing you have room for a dry large pool

Poor Brewster it is one step forward and two back. It will most portably be ok later to give him a couple of walks before it gets dark. You will get there I have faith in you.

Not on duty this morning but will be this afternoon. Yesterday afternoons drive was horrendous. An accident on part of the main road closed one side of a duel carriage way but you did not know until you. got there so had to backtrack and try another way. Got to the schools in the end but I had rung the Primary one to let them know I could be late and they knew about the accident so were happy to keep them there until I got there. Sent messages to Maria but of course her phone was dead. Fortunately got to her just as she was walking down the road.

Order a hoodie for Sarah's birthday off a well know site but it was awful. Poor quality and the size would not have fitted. I had ordered an 11-12year old (she is It was so small I doubt it would have fitted six year old. Returned this morning and another order from a site I have used before and usually their products are good so fingers crossed.

Take care everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2023, 10:05 AM
Just had an email back from our local couincil re trees saga. They now want ujs to re submit another application to have work done on our oak trees. They flatly refused to ammend the previous application which under the rules on T.P.O's they could easily have done. The annoying thing is the council case officer only works 3 days a week, how on earth can one carry out any business with such an organisation
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2023, 10:19 AM
Good idea brenda but it's about Brewsters safety too, we can't risk him at this time and for a while yet him slipping and doing damage to the shoulder or any other limbs.
Fingers crossed for a better journey than yesterday Sue.

Barry will you have to pay if you re apply ? Bloomin cheek if you do.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2023, 11:13 AM
Just before you take Brewster out put either vaseline or nappy cream on his feet. That stops the slipping and by the time you get back it will have worn off so won't upset him if he licks feet. Also paw wax works. Barry what a palaver. Beggars belief doesn't it? Right I have had my haircut and oh woe it is a little bit shorter than wanted but it will grow very quickly. Sun is out still.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2023, 01:05 PM
Good morning all.

Beautiful crisp and sunny morning here so we ALL enjoyed the run out. Yes, Dave was fit enough to go with us. He's shattered now though, but. still a major step forward. I think you asked about about UTI Brenda and I forgot to answer, but no he hasn't had or got a UTI

The prom is in full sun so all the icy bits had melted so Ted was fine to get a good walk in.

Temu by any chance, Sue? They seem to only have one size. I got caught out with it and now won't order clothes from them
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2023, 01:24 PM
So pleased to hear that Chris. Sun is still shining and I am now like shorn the sheep. Never mind it will grow back.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2023, 09:11 PM
Evening all
I shop on temu all the time, just bare in mind it's Chinese sizes, I wear a medium or large u.k in primarni but always go XL on temu or 16. Also, if it's under a set price, if you request a refund...you don't need to return the goods, they allow you to keep and you can donate or pass on
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >