Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2008, 04:28 PM

Meet River!

This is the little girl that I'm working with

So far, we've weaned her from Mum, and started some basic handling. She has her headcollar on for short periods, can cope with being touched almost all over. She's been introduced to a few grooming tools, which she loves, especially when you get her itchy spot on her shoulder!

She's very brave and curious about everything. When I first met her, if I talked to her owner, or to another horse, she came and stood at my elbow and poked me until I "noticed" her

I can't wait to see what she's going to grow up into. She's a cross breed (3/4 warmblood, 1/4 Thoroughbred), so we really don't know what to expect. She could take after one parent more than the other, or after a grandparent. It's anyone's guess, really! I keep joking that one parent must have been a shetland pony, as she's so wooly and fluffy right now.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Aw she's lovely

I bet it's really fulfilling to work with them and take them through all those early stages!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh my God what a great name! I love her! She is sooo cute. She looks like a New Forest with that thick coat!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 02:13 PM
awwwwwww you'll have lots of fun with her!!! have to do a river growing up thread!!!
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-12-2008, 03:24 PM
What a little cutie Such a pretty little girl and I love the blaze. It's a nice cross, and hopefully you will get the best out of both breeds. Even better that she has more warmblood in her than TB, as she shouldn't be too fizzy. Good luck with her. I look forward to seeing her in her summer clothes
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 03:28 PM
She ought to be a very nice looking animal with that cross, good luck with her.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 05:01 PM
How gorgeous, Sez
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Awwwww so cute!!! I was in horsey heaven yesterday..visited a friend whose neighbours (and also friends) breed heavyweight cobs!!

I was in love with so many..everyone I saw I was like "oh I love him, or I love her"..

SO I know now where my next big purchase will be coming from..