Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2014, 05:44 PM

Estrela Mountain Dogs

Kira, 8, and Kimba, 6, two Estrela Mountain Dog bitches looking for a foster or forever home, ideally together.

I've met these two girls and they are both lovely dogs.

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/thr...trela-mountain

They are also on the Oldies site
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Beautiful girls I hope they find their forever home soon.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2014, 04:21 PM
They were sent to different rescues in the end to give them a better chance of finding a home (they weren't that closely bonded as a pair to be honest). The older girl was offered a home within days of being moved and has now been rehomed to an experienced Estrela owner and I believe (though not certain) that the younger girl was also rehomed to an Estrela person before she even got onto the other rescue's website! Good news
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Excellent news. Its a shame if they are close but if they aren't and can be split to stand a better chance its much better.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Oh what great news. We had two 'inseparable' stray dogs who lived in the old Turkish cemetery here for years. It was only when one died that the other was quickly taken in by somebody. Sad but good for the ONE. I doubt anyone would ever have taken them both. The male dog was very protective of the smaller bitch dog. The bitch was quite friendly and would approach but the male got really edgy and you could see him sort of bossing her about and getting her to come away.

It was the male dog that got the home. I cried about the other dog dying. I'd been in the UK for Xmas and we had an unusual cold and wet winter in Cyprus. When I got back the first thing I asked in the shop opposite was 'where have the dogs gone?' and they told me. We used to take food up to them and water.

In fact I fed them most days after my last dog died for more than a year and if there hadn't been TWO of them I would have had one but didn't want to separate them and I don't think anyone else did either.