Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 11:58 AM

Today is a new day, a day full of HOPE

About 2 months ago the Romanian Government gave the green light to mass slaughter of stray dogs, following the death of a child, who the post mortem proved was NOT killed by dogs. As a result dogs are being systematically poisoned(using anti freeze soaked bread), beaten to death, shot & even worse being rounded up & taken to public pounds(one of which was originally closed in 2012 because of abuse & malpractice)& left to starve to death & theose that make to the 14th day are slaughtered in the presence of the other dogs.

A group of Beardie owning friends were make aware of the plight of one young beardie type bitch with puppies & decided to take action. They started off a FB page, raising money & got the bitch out of the public pound, sadly all three of her puppies died :'(

She went to a private kennels for a short time to start her recovery.

Other beardie types(& non beardie types too)were also saved from death & after more fund raising had all the prep work done to bring them to the UK.

Why is today a new day ? Because Hope, Ginger, Teddi, Betty, Becky, Lady and Ada have arrived in the Uk & are about to meet their new families/fosterers safe from the evil that is Romania.

Hope is little more than a puppy herself & yet has come through the horrendous conditions & will in the next 2 hours be heading for their first taste of home life.

A friend of mine is hoping to have Ginger a bob tailed red extra large corgi type as a long term foster/permanent resident along with her Beardies, who has already shown that her spirit has not been destroyed

The group known as Saving Hope, are also helping of a private rescue in a remote mountain village, run single handed by a wonderful doctor, with building a better outdoor area complete with kennels to protect the dogs-this lady has always got 70 + dogs in her home & 350 + outdoors.

Warning mega tissue alert

I am so looking forwrds to seeing scenes like the ones in this video shot in France

Here are the dogs in Romania that are now safe here in the UK

Lovely to see natural dog play behaviour
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2013, 02:49 PM
All the dogs are safely in their new forever home or foster homes. Lots of lovely photos on Hope's FB page. Looking forwrd to seeing Ginger close up & personal in th enext few weeks
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Wow You weren't kidding about the mega tissue alert
Thank God for a happy ending for these guys
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Wow You weren't kidding about the mega tissue alert
Thank God for a happy ending for these guys
What she ↑ said - SNIFF
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Bravo!.. .....
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Lovely. But let's not tar every Romanian with the same brush. T'was two young Romanians I went to all the trouble for to get their dog safely shipped to the 'mum's home' outside Bucharest because they could not find accom. in UK that would take the dog.

And that dog is now very happy sharing Gran and Granddad's bed and in the words of 'granddad' at last, after raising 4 daughters, I have a SON!

But I know all about the awful conditions in general. Same as I do about them here in Cyprus and elsewhere in the middle east. The lucky ones are just left in a stony yard all day and never taken out for walks. The less lucky ones are just tethered to a rope all day with their only entertainment being to bark at everyone who passes by. The even less luckier ones are kept 'caged'. To be honest I think the STREET DOGS have better lives than a lot of 'owned' dogs here.

All comes down to education, superstition, ignorance etc. really and 'how they see' what having a dog is all about.

I don't go on too much about it because it upsets me.

Here's just one example of a 'cute' tradition from Eastern Europe (if the petition is still live please sign it)

http://www.change.org/petitions/help...ng-place-again
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 03:45 PM
And here's another you might like to add your protest to - believe it or not taking place in the US every year and they can substitute money for chickens but apparently many choose not to

http://www.change.org/petitions/city...l-animal-abuse

Again, ignorance, voodoo even? Getting a bleeding chicken to 'eat your sins'?